Any Khabib fan feeling uncomfortable about the Tony fight?

Are you kidding? I can't fucking wait for this fight. It's the best fight to make for Khabib, better than GSP.

It will be a great fight regardless, including the build up. If Khabib wins that will catapult him to the single greatest fighter in MMA. If he loses it will set up an amazing rivalry with Tony.

The fight can't happen soon enough.

Lee mounted him guess what Khabib is going to do?

Correct - but Lee didn't do shit in his position. Not one clean shot. After all, Tony escaped out of full mount before the clock-gong. He is too flexible.

Lee gassed out completely after all his takedown-attempts. And please don't answer with staph infection.

Castillo took Tony down and passed his guard multiple times Kevin Lee took him down with ease passed his guard and mounted him you best believe Khabib is going to give him hell on the ground and the Tony is crazy though thing isn't going to matter.

Tony can win this fight no doubt, he is a savage and I'm a fan of both guys but don't be surprised if Khabib dominates him on the ground.

I can't wait to see this fight.

The Castillo fight was 5.5 years ago by the way.

You can also argue that Khabib struggle against Al Iquinta,
And he looked somewhat fatigue in the 3rd vs Conor (luckily Conor has gastank for 1.5 rounds only)

Truth is we don't know what will happen.

I "predict" a dec win by Khabib, a close fight

Nah.

Can't wait to see the hype getting destroyed, and all these people spreading BS for 2 years eating the crow.
(I know they will all disappear tho)

After the Poirier fight it's the opposite btw, the usual big mouthes are not spamming everywhere "ToNy GoNnA kIlL hIm" anymore.

Well just pay attention to the real fans then.

I'm a huge Ferguson fan. I think he has a great chance to win. But want to know what I'm a bigger fan of than Tony? MMA in general. If you told me right now that you have a crystal ball and can see the future and know Khabib wins, even as a Tony fan I'd still want to see it to know how it played out. These are so far and away the 2 best LW's, if you aren't pumped for this fight I question if you are a fan of the sport at all.

You might be annoyed at "the hype" or whatever about Tony, but he's earned it. Winning 12 in a row (with 9 finishes) is pretty remarkable. Same as Khabib, some of his fans are annoying sure. Thinking he's invincible and a demi-God, etc. But that doesn't change the fact that the streak he's on is historic.

I know it's not the way of these forums but would be nice if more people here were just fired up for an epic matchup of two guys on crazy streaks. Not saying I'm void of guilt I get caught up in the back and forth too. Seems like energy is better used being positive about the prospects that we will FINALLY see these guys fight though.

I'm a huge Ferguson fan. I think he has a great chance to win. But want to know what I'm a bigger fan of than Tony? MMA in general. If you told me right now that you have a crystal ball and can see the future and know Khabib wins, even as a Tony fan I'd still want to see it. These are so far and away the 2 best LW's, if you aren't pumped for this fight I question if you are a fan of the sport at all.

You might be annoyed at "the hype" or whatever about Tony, but he's earned it. Winning 12 in a row (with 9 finishes) is pretty remarkable. Same as Khabib, some of his fans are annoying sure. Thinking he's invincible and a demi-God, etc. But that doesn't change the fact that the streak he's on is historic.

I know it's not the way of these forums but would be nice if more people here were just fired up for an epic matchup of two guys on crazy streaks. Not saying I'm void of guilt I get caught up in the back and forth too. Seems like energy is better used being positive about the prospects that we will FINALLY see these guys fight though.

I know you're not one of these trolls, we already talk together about this fight and it was interesting.
Problem is for one true fan, you have 10 trolls these days ...
Smh.

I'm a huge Ferguson fan. I think he has a great chance to win. But want to know what I'm a bigger fan of than Tony? MMA in general. If you told me right now that you have a crystal ball and can see the future and know Khabib wins, even as a Tony fan I'd still want to see it to know how it played out. These are so far and away the 2 best LW's, if you aren't pumped for this fight I question if you are a fan of the sport at all.

I have trolled Tony previous, but I respect that man loads

I do think Khabib will win, but it's a hard, hard fight and I certainly wouldn't have the balls to bet a substantial amount of money on it

It reminds me of Floyd and Manny. I always favoured Floyd and used to trash Manny fans, but secretly I knew what Floyd was up against.

Khabib v Tony is the only fight that matters at 155!!!

I was way more nervous before 209. The more I see the more convinced I am that people are talking themselves into believing Tony has more of a chance than he does. There’s one reason why I don’t think Tony has a chance, Khabib has proven to be an exceptionally smart fighter. You can talk about how “crazy” Tony is, but having boxed a little in the amateurs I can tell you there’s no fighter more terrifying than a high IQ fighter with talent. Those are usually close to unstoppable. Banking on Tony to cut Khabib with an elbow from bottom is banking on a hale Mary. It’s not a strategy. Tony gets rolled like everyone else.
Khabib is way smarter than Tony is crazy. Plus Tony is as thick as 2 planks!

It's not like he's my friend in real life

If he loses, he loses. Really looking forward to this fight

Nah.

Can't wait to see the hype getting destroyed, and all these people spreading BS for 2 years eating the crow.
(I know they will all disappear tho)

After the Poirier fight it's the opposite btw, the usual big mouthes are not spamming everywhere "ToNy GoNnA kIlL hIm" anymore.
What hype exactly? Both seem to be backing it up quite well.

Maybe when Khabib is 40-0 these threads are gonna stop.

Khabib vs Tony has been a legit rivalry for years now, it's not as if people were suddenly hyping Felder to beat Nurmagomedov.

The Castillo fight was 5.5 years ago by the way.

It was August 30th 2014 so it's just turned 5 years ago.

You can also argue that Khabib struggle against Al Iquinta

You really can't though:

m5UpVs6.png

He won all rounds on all judges scorecards with some 10-8 rounds on all three cards.

Yes but I also can't wait for this fight either. The thought of Khabib and Tony fighting makes me excited and nervous. Last time the fight got called off, it ruined my day honestly.

I was actually nervous for the Conor fight too. But that was also such a charged environment and where I was watching it made me more nervous since I saw it in an Irish pub in Dubai (my regular spot) and obviously it was FULL of drunken Irishmen. That was an interesting day.

Khabib vs Tony has been a legit rivalry for years now, it's not as if people were suddenly hyping Felder to beat Nurmagomedov.
In these years we saw him fight and humiliate everyone. There is absolutely no doubt in what he can do.

Maybe when Khabib is 40-0 these threads are gonna stop.

Nah could be 70-0 and people will still shit on Khabib.

Those who know, know.

Those who don't, never will.

It's like that.

Khabib via production cable knee shredder submission.

Tonys probably the most dangerous guy because he can threaten with subs off his back. I still think Khabib dominates Tony though like he did to almost everyone else. Tony has been outwrestled at times by lesser guys than Khabib. Khabib is on Jon Jones level right now No one can stop Khabib

Any fighter's fans would feel uncomfortable if their guy had to fight Tony fuckin' Ferguson. Same for fans of those who have to face Khabib. That's why this is such a great match-up.

Tonys probably the most dangerous guy because he can threaten with subs off his back. I still think Khabib dominates Tony though like he did to almost everyone else. Tony has been outwrestled at times by lesser guys than Khabib. Khabib is on Jon Jones level right now No one can stop Khabib

Khabib is actually above Jon Jones' level now. Khabib has never lost around and has won more fights, facing men his own size.

Jones has lost several rounds, facing washed-up fighters.

If Keven Lee can give Tony fits on the ground, Khabib will kill him.

Khabib doesn't get tired, and his grappling IQ is light-years better than Lee's (as well as Tony's).

Back