Social Any LinkedIn Doggers???

asian massage parlor aka heavens on earf

ciao-rocco-red-lips.gif

I receive a lot of messages from people trying to sell me job-related services - freight carriers, Lean tools etc. But the networking is excellent if you use it right and filter out the crap. Same as most other platforms I suppose. My current job reached out to me there.

I use it, but I get so many people/companies trying to sell me offshore software development services it's ridiculous.
It can be pretty powerful as a networking tool though.

One of the best things for my career was when my brother forced me to start a LinkedIn account (way back in 2014).

I regular share updates on my research, write editorials etc., and as a result, have secured a number of research contracts, speaking engagements, media appearances etc. from all over the world. I used to focus all my efforts on publishing in academic journals, but they would get minimal traction (most papers are behind a paywall and are of interest only to other academics). When I started to post on LinkedIn, I would get 1000s of reads and a lot more attention than I would have otherwise.

While I love LinkedIn, I notice alot more personal and political posts than before. Some people seem to think that LinkedIn is facebook, and will write about how vaccines are a sham, or that Trudeau has to go etc. I don't bother wading into those conversations, and treat it exclusively as a work tool.

Funnily enough, I connected with my (now ex) fiance over LinkedIn. We had done our PhDs in the same program, but only chatted a handful of times. When she graduated and was looking for work, she reached out to me to see if I had any leads or suggestions. Not only was I able to help her find work with the government, but we ended up dating for 3+ years. She hates her job and is not too happy with me, so I think her impression of LinkedIn isn't quite as positive ;)

I got my last two jobs because of LinkedIn. It's really the only social media platform I give a shit about.

I have at least one recruiter contacting me every couple of weeks still.

LOL this thread is a Hell Bound Train @Woldog

We can all agree that LinkedIn has a lot of whores guys. Dammit this is going poorly!
I smell an award from this thread in 6 months
<36>
So many contenders for worst thread of the year.

Yep I'm in sales so on Linkedin a lot. Had lots of approaches lately but happy where i am.

God it's such a big wank though. After I got my MBA I was all set to do the big wanky post with my degree, thanking everyone for their help etc etc. I couldn't bring myself to do it, just too much.

If you want a good page follow get on The Female Lead, corporate feminist focus basically but the comment section arguments are epic, some people have no self awareness.

Im a premium member so if you view my profile I can report to your manager that you post on Dog at work

I've never really needed it in my line of work. My son's on there for SpaceX though. Never have Dogged cuz I guess you need to sign up for that. Oh well. I tried...

<Fedor23>

Last edited:
Yep I'm in sales so on Linkedin a lot. Had lots of approaches lately but happy where i am.

God it's such a big wank though. After I got my MBA I was all set to do the big wanky post with my degree, thanking everyone for their help etc etc. I couldn't bring myself to do it, just too much.

If you want a good page follow get on The Female Lead, corporate feminist focus basically but the comment section arguments are epic, some people have no self awareness.

What kind of sales do you do?
Without being too specific of course.

Back