Any long time fans feel like the UFC has lost its magic?

For the last 16 years I've been here the ufc is dying but their is a lack of stars currently, they need to do more stupid shit like making the proper 12 belt for mcgregor

UFC lost its magic years ago for me. TUF went stale, DWCS is a clown show, and the Apex is shit.

I've been watching since 1993, I remember renting the UFC's in VHS with a buddy of mine when we were kids.

It's definitely lost its magic. It's way too watered down, the "stars" rarely seem to want to fight, too much poorly acted wwe type "beefs" to "promote" fights.

They need to bring back a few things like an open category, skid those fighters that duck and try to pick and choose their fights.

They definitely need to revamp the whole ppv thing, have them more special and keep the belt holders busy.

For sure it has lost some of it's appeal. They have way more events per year than they used to, which means we now get a ton of watered down cards and only a few really solid PPV's per year. As other people have also stated, there is a lack of stars right now and the UFC doesn't seem to be doing as well building stars as they used to.

I'm tuning in less and less these days, never used to miss an event but now it feels like a win doesn't mean as much as before as now it's more about who will bring in more eyes then who deserves and then you have events headlined by people bordering the top 10. Also I miss the raw days, when i look back to the Silva Vs Lebron fight the smaller intemate crowd and grainy footage just hits better, not it feels to big and polished lol odd thing to say i know.

The UFC has had multiple different eras and being nostalgic about the "old days" is normal, but there was always a certain magic throughout all of those years. Even when it went fully mainstream with Conor and millions of new fans came flooding in, it still kept that feeling. I just don't feel it anymore.

The UFC is obviously not dying, and that's not what I'm saying. I can't put my finger on what it is.

Anyone else feel the same?
UFC is dying, but I am not, cause I am here, and due to UFC getting dim, I had to go onto the podcast Bigfoot encounters recently, and I was kicked off instantly...you want to know why? well, they wanted a Bigfoot encounter and I was being honest dam it!! ...I showed up, and they asked me, so what was your encounter?, and I was honest, and said, " Look, I never seen a Bigfoot, but my wife sees him every night right before I got to bed naked, and I was kicked off, WTF? "

The organization has. But a good fight is still a good fight and that's why fans still watch.

It's not really a styles thing any more almost everyone is a generic mma fighter just some have better stats than others

USADA and crying about peds wrecked wrecked the good divisions and made all our fave guys Shells of themselves

The uniform thing and taking away guys sponsors has made everyone look like a create a fighter

It's just not the same any more. It's boring and there are no more heros and villains and really no reason to watch other than to see someone get hit in the head. Used to have parties to watch that shit and now I watch in bed by myself and fall asleep after the co main half the time.

Still a fan. But less of one.

I used to watch all the cards, as they had like 10 per year. Now I watch maybe 5 per year.

Disappointed with the watered down cards, wmma, and the 125, 135, 145 divisions. Also the fighters used to be more exciting.

The UFC has had multiple different eras and being nostalgic about the "old days" is normal, but there was always a certain magic throughout all of those years. Even when it went fully mainstream with Conor and millions of new fans came flooding in, it still kept that feeling. I just don't feel it anymore.

The UFC is obviously not dying, and that's not what I'm saying. I can't put my finger on what it is.

Anyone else feel the same?
The magic of the UFC was the style vs style aspect that was promoted and existed through the mid 20 teens. When people started training UFC it all became homogenized and to some degree, boring. It takes much more to stand out as a star, or at least original these days

There's loads of top fighters they don't have, people just don't give a shit because they're not in the UFC
There are lots of fighters they don't have but how many of them are that great?

I mean when you think about it I think its obvious that the UFC would look to create the talent base which best suits its business needs and I think those needs are a few big PPV's a year and lots of TV cards to fill.

MMA even moreso than most sports I think you get what you pay for because its based on transitioning from other sports/MAs, its why ultimately this is an argument about us as fans getting what we deserve, if all our money goes into the UFC's pocket we get less for our money, a lower standard of MMA.

Get used to it.

All sports have major ups and downs. They don't exist without each other.

Appreciate the good times when they're happening.

The UFC is oversaturated and therefore diluted with no names and weak ass cards. It's not just you TS.

Conor wrecked it for me, in large part.

It's not the same as the Shogun/Wand, Chuck/Randy/Tito/Vitor days.

I don't expect it to be like that again.

I think it depends if your a fan of the sport or of its combatants...

I think this happens more to people who are only watching because their guy does it .. .

Versus if you are a fan of the sport itself i think your less likely to feel like T.S.

Also all sports go through transitions right now MMA i feel is in a transition phase...alot of the older guard has aged out but new blood is coming on stronger over the last few years .. plus new larger promotions are coming up and could create some interesting situations.

Dont get me wrong i have favorites and most if not all are retired .. but i never watched this sport solely for them ..they just made it so much better..

This question has been ask every year for the last 20 yrs.

100% the magic is gone. it's past the point of oversaturation, nothing is high stakes/matters anymore, fighter not being able to express individuality through their own designs/shorts, kills everything. less is more. buildup matters. high quality fighters, the few, the proud, matters. i exist on this forum only to shit on the UFC now, to remember what could have been, to allude to the future that we should have had. i no longer resonate with the new fighters, unless they come to fight. which most are just happy to be there. the APEX, the new business model, the new direction, is a shell of its former self. and the sad part is, new fans know no better. they eat this shit up. MMA died after the PRIDE stars were not at the top anymore. and that is the truth.

There are lots of fighters they don't have but how many of them are that great?

I mean when you think about it I think its obvious that the UFC would look to create the talent base which best suits its business needs and I think those needs are a few big PPV's a year and lots of TV cards to fill.

MMA even moreso than most sports I think you get what you pay for because its based on transitioning from other sports/MAs, its why ultimately this is an argument about us as fans getting what we deserve, if all our money goes into the UFC's pocket we get less for our money, a lower standard of MMA.

Loads of them are great fighters. Salahdine Parnasse, Eduard Vartanyan, Losene Keita, Dakota Ditcheva, Islam Omarov, Vladimir Mineev, Fabrizio De Andrade, Rustam Kerimov, Adrian Bartosinski, Vadim Nemkov, Johnny Eblen, Patchy Mix, Usman Nurmagomedov, Alexander Shabliy, Kyoji Horiguchi, Albert Tumenov, Kai Asakura, Jason Jackson, Evgeny Ignatiev, Yaroslav Amosov, Abdul Aziz Abdulvakhabov, Kai Tang, Christian Lee, Boris Medvedev to name a few off the top of my head.

Back