Any news on the new billion dollar company tryna start an MMA org?

If some Saudis organizes it, you can bet your ass it will be like the Saudi soccer league. They lure some aging stars and have them playing with the local “talent”. A lot of money. Zero fame.

But isn't some kind of crisis going on in the US because some saudis are paying a shitload of money to get the best golfers to play for them and the PGA (or whatever the name of the US association) is banning them?

When you have to pay just some top dogs to have a strong league is much easier than soccer where even if you pay for Messi there are still 21 other lame players on the field.

Viacom already owns an org, but knows competing wouldnt be really viable, so uses it for relatively cheap live content on Showtime instead.

I know it only had two cards, but I think affliction was my favorite promotion of all time. It went under from giving out more than it took in. Sure was over the top and fun though

You need to do that to grow sadly. UFC did it for many years in the early days. Why you need deep pockets to do something like that.

Closest one in America is PFL. They have some money and investors behind them. They are in the red like all the rest of the MMA companies though. It's too late for Bellator. I think they had their shot.
PFL is so boring.
Can't watch.
Boring.
Bellator is much better.
Not as boring.

Closest one in America is PFL. They have some money and investors behind them. They are in the red like all the rest of the MMA companies though. It's too late for Bellator. I think they had their shot.

Bellator actually turns a profit, they're doing pretty well.

They are also on the same network as the UFC and thus not exactly a direct competitor. ESPN presumably sees them as complements

Lol bro, do you not know what residuals are? Spoiler, mma talent get 0 percent for residuals.

They're a competitor in the sense that thry compete for talent etc.

They don't run at the same time as the UFC because doing that would be stupid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geezo75
Back