Any Sherbros Ever Spend 8 Hours at a UFC Event?

How much are Tickets going for on the secondary Market (Stub Hub etc.) these days? Still a couple of Grand to get near the front?

I've been to a few dozen live events and I spend most of the down time getting drunk. There was this time at UFC 186 in Montreal where I ended up hooking up with a chick I met there and we left about half way through the fights, went back to my hotel and ummm did things. :oops:

Iv been to a few, usually leave before the main card to pick BJ Penn up from the airport. We usually get back in time for most of the main card after grabbing some Popeyes for DC.
images

I was at the NYC MSG card. 268 I think. I was def there 8 hours. I was pretty drunk by the time I got there but it was fine and I was comfortable. Grabbing drinks sucked though

Ive been to so many regional mma shows coming up that I cant stand a UFC live event.

Last one I went to was Bones/DC II. Just the lines to pisser were enough for me to never want to return again. There were like 3 dudes at one point aiming at the same urinal from like 4ft away w/arms embraced over each others shoulders cause the lines were so long. Thats when I was like “Im getting to old for this shit” LoL.

It got the same when I use to live by the Chiefs stadium. I’d go to any damn game I wanted and eventually just preferred to watch them at home. Beer is cheaper/better, so is the food, I can blaze herbs all I want, and the restrooms are clean w/o lines. And at the end of the day, the camera angles are better than anywhere you are gonna sit down and watch.

I guess if you havent watched live combat then by all means go.

Like others said, it’s probably not 8 hrs. But I’ve been to some live events and always arrive during the early prelims—depends on what’s booked and what I want to see.

I think I may have arrived before the first prelim for UFC 162 (Silva-Weidman 1) I can’t quite remember.
Been to UFC 146, UFC 162, UFC 170, UFC on FOX: JDS-Stipe 1, Bellator 198 (Fedor-Mir) and Bellator 214 (Fedor-Bader).

It’s always a blast, but honestly the most fun I ever had was the Bellator Fedor-Mir card.

Last edited:
I've been to a few dozen live events and I spend most of the down time getting drunk. There was this time at UFC 186 in Montreal where I ended up hooking up with a chick I met there and we left about half way through the fights, went back to my hotel and ummm did things. :oops:

Team Hetero, Canadian branch
Report - UFC 186

Did things.

I did at UFC 110, I was a drunken mess by the end I would have drunk 20+ or so Rum cans and beers by the final fight. It was a great day even though my memory of it is very patchy

Back when the UFC came to Milwaukee, a friend of a friend managed to score a group's worth of tickets for one of the boxes. I was there for the entire thing, but of course because it was a box, you could move around and didn't need to sit in one spot the whole time.

As with any live event, I recommend it once for the experience, but beyond that you can definitely stay home or watch it at a sports bar. As cool as it was to *hear* the heavyweights moving around, all that atmosphere isn't worth all the downsides. No matter where you are in the arena, you're probably staring up at one of the big screens anyway. So why not just do it at home?

Las Vegas, Jacksonville, Houston, Canada, Tennessee, Atlanta, Chicago and basically every event in the New England/York/Jersey area I'm at. Next trip is gonna be the London fights in July
Amazing. Such travelling fan should surely be rewarded.

I did at UFC 110, I was a drunken mess by the end I would have drunk 20+ or so Rum cans and beers by the final fight. It was a great day even though my memory of it is very patchy
Rum cans? Why not buy a bottle?

I live in vegas so I've seen a lot of events at the tmobile. had suiites, lower level , upper level, loge suites. By the far, the best is the loge suites where you get your own personal tv screen and you get to feel the crowd. I was sitting in these sits for the Masvidal flying knee knockout.

Didn’t know that was a thing. Looks badass

I always come early. My ass did not get too sore. Maybe it's because I have a fat ass?

Probably!

But, honestly -- to me -- what you lose in camera angles and saving money -- you gain in the excitement of the live event and togetherness with the crowd.

The cheering, the booing, the excitement when a new fighter enters the arena.

I'll put it this way -- if it's in my hometown -- I always go. If I have to travel, I only travel if it's something really really special, like a blockbuster card.

In terms of it being long -- most people come towards the beginning of the main card but I want to see it all, see the anticipation. If I'm paying that much money for a ticket, might as well take it all in or that's my philosophy on it.

If the prelims are a little slow, I usually get drunk and then by the time I sober up -- time for the main card!

But I have yet to be bored at a UFC and I usually go by myself. If you go with buddies, you just shoot the shit there.

It does get expensive with the food and the alcohol but I feel like seeing events live its me enjoy them at home more because I have a better sense of what it's like to be there.

Naturally. I wouldn't want to sit through one every month/week due to expense and other factors but if it's once a year and for a very special card, I would say it's a pleasure more than a hindrance for me.

Those early prelims can be great at times!

I did in LA at the Staple. Shogun vs Vera. Alone. Had an awesome time. And a lot of beer.

Back