Anyone agree that the judges ...

Shaddows

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
...stood up people way too fast?

IMHO Renan Barao lost because of it.
First round he was winning, took Douglas down and was hitting him from the top (staying busy) and the referee stood them up anyway.

Douglas started dominating right after they were stood up and connected some big shots that took Barao out of the fight.

Should they stayed on the ground, that round would have been clearly Barao's, and he might not have become so reactive.

Note: I understand it is a stretch, but IMHO it was clear to notice how it changed the fight's momentum.

What do you think?

judges don't stand up fighters.

Did you mean refs instead of judges?

In this case i agree. Refs have ko business standing them up

They rather take the fighter out of fight than the crowd. Especially that early in night.
I'm good with all stand ups. Should be glory rules.

I see what you did there

Did you mean refs instead of judges?

fighters can't just lay on another fighter...that absolutely shouldn't be allowed...nobody wants to see that...and every sport needs rules...and if you're going to just lay in someone's guard, they will stand you up, as they should. You should be trying to pass guard at all times...or try to end the fight at all times...not just lay there for the entire round, just to win it...no way...

Referee and judge are not the same thing...

I’ll assume you mean referees. Yes, they were quick on stand ups. The standard is much longer and fighters count on it being the same. If you’re going to set the standard at quicker stand ups, you need to at least give a warning first.

It's a catch 22 is this one because people complain when they're on the floor too long so they can't really win, I know the event at the weekend wasn't the greatest but the crowd were booing on pretty much everything it seemed.

I personally feel it seems like an ok balance, I think it depends on the fight too and how it's going :)

I think standups are stupid.

A standup should only be considered if a full like 2 minutes go by with out the fighter on top landing a single punch or improving position at all

...stood up people way too fast?

IMHO Renan Barao lost because of it.
First round he was winning, took Douglas down and was hitting him from the top (staying busy) and the referee stood them up anyway.

Douglas started dominating right after they were stood up and connected some big shots that took Barao out of the fight.

Should they stayed on the ground, that round would have been clearly Barao's, and he might not have become so reactive.

Note: I understand it is a stretch, but IMHO it was clear to notice how it changed the fight's momentum.

What do you think?
Stood them up to quickly and didn’t reset jacare and Jan early enough

The refs did an awesome job

They should stand them up all the time in that situation

Refs gots to be consistent with their standup's.

I think standups are stupid.

A standup should only be considered if a full like 20 seconds go by with out the fighter on top landing a single punch or improving position at all
Fixed for accuracy.

Back