Anyone else a little disappointed in Ilia Topuria?

What is the point of this BMF belt if it gets united with the FW belt? Not that there was much point before, but wasn’t it something for non-champ jbg disciples? Sad to watch, really.

Nah I give it a pass because it is rational.

Fans care about the BMF / hence all the declarations since 300 that Max is a true BMF / no threads saying "lol who cares"

Organizations cares about the BMF for sure.

Why shouldn't Ilia want that title too if the fans and the org both care about it?
Dana, is that you?

Dana, is that you?
lol nah just a dude that actually reads the threads on this forum

The fan verdict isn't hard to decipher. There was a bit of BMF negativity before the fight / it evaporated after the fight

Nah I give it a pass because it is rational.

Fans care about the BMF / hence all the declarations since 300 that Max is a true BMF / no threads saying "lol who cares"

Organizations cares about the BMF for sure.

Why shouldn't Ilia want that title too if the fans and the org both care about it?
Except it's not rational, you made a retarded attempt to rationalize. It's much easier to do it the opposite way and just say he's being retarded.

No, because this is exactly the type of title reign I expected from him.

I think it's just sort of his way of trying to promote the fight. He naturally comes off cringe like. Extremely talented fighter though.

Last edited:
Having demands for who you're facing as champ, especially your first defense, isn't a BMF thing to do.

The BMF title is dumb, but if we have to have it around it's not something that should just be defended like a normal belt. You'd have to be a standout as a certain kind of fighter to warrant the title being on the line and it shouldn't happen all the time.

I have a huge issue fighters on zero defences that suddenly has a long list of demands the moment they get some success...
The fighters have no power cuz of mean old Dana. Also, fighters shouldn't use their leverage when they become champs. Schizo.

I feel like Max should be a clear cut contender of Ilia's belt ..but Ilia would rather fight him for the bmf title, which we all know ain't even a real belt. It's almost like he's not expecting to beat Max and wants to keep his title safe. What do you think sherbros? Let me know in the comments.
What r u talking about? He is puting his belt on line he just wants max to do same

Ilia is a lil diva bitch and with his recent comments, should be disqualified from fighting for the BMF title.
On top of that, Max is the clear cut #1 contender and should be fighting for the FW title next.
I like Topuria as a fighter, but he’s kind of a douche as a person.
Dude you are loser who could never achive anything big in his life and you call UFC champ lil diva and bitch? Lol. You are sad

I think Topuria is the next GOAT and all these losers are salty their favorite fighter got knocked out or is about to be knocked out.

The amount of people against growing this thing is baffling. It has no precedent and you can invent it's future. Ilia and Max are both worthy of it. A double belt fight, first in UFC history, would be a huge marketing angle and can boost an otherwise lackluster card. The only thing I don't like is Ilia is not be very bad motherfuckery right now. But in the cage he is. Make the fight, both belts up for grabs, winner take all. That shits pretty cool. And considering the UFC conjured it up out of thin air, it's been a pretty successful ploy thus far.

I feel like Max should be a clear cut contender of Ilia's belt ..but Ilia would rather fight him for the bmf title, which we all know ain't even a real belt. It's almost like he's not expecting to beat Max and wants to keep his title safe. What do you think sherbros? Let me know in the comments.
I expect this to be the next fight at FW for the title. If Max needs to add the BMF belt to the pot then so be it. Book it Dana!

Ridonkulous..

Are you saying UFC 300 would have sold better without Andrade, Holly, Kayla, and Weili on it? We don’t get the numbers anymore. But I have real doubts as to whether it sold more than UFC 193. You know.. Ronda vs Holly as the ME. And Joanna vs Val LeTourneau as the Co-Main. With 50K people in the stadium in Australia. It sold 1.1M ppv.

As for Topuria.. Clearly another of the new breed. They want all the belts. But never want to defend their belt. The kind of “champ” all the kids love these days. Big mouth, small scrote.
I am saying WMMA is garbage and I would be more inclined to pay for it if there were no women on the card.

Also, you wanna talk about ridonculous, claiming the FW champ has small cojones is as ridonculous as it gets.

I think its pretty obvious that both belts would be on the line TS.... Winner is BMF and FW Champ. I have no problem with that.

Uncle Chael had an interesting take on this. To paraphrase; Ilia would be more motivated if he was in a position to take something from Max, vice just defending his own belt.

Also, I believe TS is incorrect in that the FW belt wouldn’t also be on the line. If I misinterpreted Ilia’s tweet, then please set me straight. The Winner of this fight would take both.

Never heard a champion (especially one with zero defenses) claim they would fight someone if they just had something to gain from it (other than money obviously).

Champions are supposed to defend their belts and there is no one at FW more deserving of a title shot than Max (except maybe Volk)

Back