Social Anyone else feel like they're wasting time while sleeping?

For me, good sleep sets the tone for how the rest of my day goes, so I think of it as an investment rather than an expense.
Great way to view it. 90% of the people I know that aren't healthy mentally it's either lack of proper sleep and/or too much stress.

We sleep for a third of our lives. So for 90 years that you will live, you will waste 30 years of it asleep... ouch
Obviously sleep is scientifically beneficial and completely necessary but if humans didn’t have a biological need for 6-8 hour sleep
it would be cool to have all that extra time in a day to do what we want to do.
What's your sleep routine like? and to people who only sleep 3-4 hours and not feel like a zombie. How do you do it?

df1aff8395678d11b99b575f0e3b19d5.gif
The trick is to control your dreams. You'll find yourself sleeping an extra few minutes to get to the punchline, or money shot, depending on what kind of dream it is. <{jackyeah}>

In the sense of all that time gone I mean I guess, but because we need rest for those processes to work optimally and compile data I don't think I can reasonably say anything other than no.

My sleep routine is me constantly battling to go to bed early enough to get a full, restful nights sleep, and mostly losing that battle since I was a wee lad, unless I work a job with a swing shift schedule/don't have to get up in the morning. Then I mostly sleep fine.

We sleep for a third of our lives. So for 90 years that you will live, you will waste 30 years of it asleep... ouch
Obviously sleep is scientifically beneficial and completely necessary but if humans didn’t have a biological need for 6-8 hour sleep
it would be cool to have all that extra time in a day to do what we want to do.

What are you doing in your free time that's so important? I'd argue working an 8-9 hour shift every day is a bigger waste of your time. At least with sleeping you can cap it at 6 with minimal side effects.

- I wish i could sleep less and still function!

I function well on six hours of sleep... So I got a few years of that time back.

Seven hours is about the max for me, I usually go to bed at 11 and get up at 6. A lot of times I can't fall asleep till midnight.

I usually sleep anywhere between 6-7 hours/night on the weekdays and 7-9 hours/night on the weekend. I love sleeping, but I also love my own free time at night when the wife and kids are asleep.

Meh 5-6 hours a night with an afternoon nap I’m good. Plus I view sleep as just another dimension. I get lots done there.

In the sense of all that time gone I mean I guess, but because we need rest for those processes to work optimally and compile data I don't think I can reasonably say anything other than no.

My sleep routine is me constantly battling to go to bed early enough to get a full, restful nights sleep, and mostly losing that battle since I was a wee lad, unless I work a job with a swing shift schedule/don't have to get up in the morning. Then I mostly sleep fine.
The thing that saves me now is rotating schedules with lots of days off to make up for lots of hours worked. Before with mandatory overtime I had to work 60 hour weeks with 1 or 2 days off. I was getting so depressed and burned out I was basically feeling suicidal. Now I do 12 hour shifts as my base schedule, but I get either 3 or 4 days off depending on the rotation we're in.

So even when I feel really physically or mentally drained I know enough free time to actually rest is always around the corner.

As I get older I have an appreciation for sleep.

Enjoying a nice weekend sleep in? Hell yeah.

Back