Anyone else not stand Jon Anik and find him generic?

A

AusMMAfan

I really dislike this dude. He seems very generic and very expression-less.

LIke I don't mind Bas, Rogan, Goldy, DC, Dan Hardy, Stann commentating and whatnot sure they aren't perfect but they are fun to listen to and sound like they enjoy what they are doing.

Even Karen Bryant and Ariel actually seem interested in the sport but Jon Anik comes off sounding like a robot and doesn't seem genuinely interested. Maybe it's just me.

/End rant.

He seems kinda dorky at times, but don't we all ?

I do miss Goldie though.

IMG_1044.GIF

Stephen Hawking sounds more human than Anik

him vs goldie headlines NYE card for the mantle. he may have stumbled over his words, but Goldie is part of UFC history.

i fucking hate most of the commentators tbh. None of them can speak on a fight without a fighters dick in their mouth. Rogans the worst of the bunch just "Oh this guy is *gargleglarlgelrlaglelglels*" dont get me started on Mauro that dude is a fucking dingdong he's better suited for WCW or w/e the fuck they call it now day. Stans a good commentator if not a lil boring, Hardy knows his shit so hes good, Bas Rutten is awesome in the worst kinda way.

Idk im not big on pencil neck goofs trying to talk about shit they know nothing of. Rogan has credentials but hes a fucking moron. I prefer when real fighters commentate if Im gonna have to actually listen to them. Tho tbh I typically ignore any commentator ever and watch the fight for what it actually is.

Anik is the most complained about commentator on the broadcast. And rightfully so. He's a robot.

Anyone who finds Anik more suitable than Goldie has no soul.

I lost it at "FLYING KNEE FROM LESNAR!!"

Last edited:
Yup. Never could stand him or Brian Stann. They're not bad as commentators, but they have zero personality. Personality is what makes Bas, Rogan, Goldie, Dom and DC so good to listen to.

I know Robin Black get's on a lot of peoples nerves, but he has a personality and speaks with so much enthusiasm when he speaks MMA. That's the type of guy you need commentating fights.

I miss Goldberg for the PPVS. He made them feel more of an event. Aniks a bit bland and doesn't do a great job at hype.

LIke I don't mind Bas, Rogan, Goldy, DC, Dan Hardy, Stann commentating and whatnot sure they aren't perfect but they are fun to listen to and sound like they enjoy what they are doing.

Even Karen Bryant and Ariel actually seem interested in the sport but Jon Anik comes off sounding like a robot and doesn't seem genuinely interested. Maybe it's just me.

/End rant.
To me he's a huge upgrade from Goldie. He isn't as animated but don't fights mostly speak for themselves. Less is more and Anik is less in the best way.

/End rant.

You're only now realizing this?

<Manning1>

I prefer when actual fighters do commentary. Stann, Cruz, Hardy etc.

Back