Anyone else shocked at how long Arlovski has lasted?

Kvolcom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And he's still winning.

OGs like me remember this guy for having a glass chin. He was never suppose to beat tim. He lost to some bums early in his career.

I'm shocked his chin held up this long in the Heavyweight division taking bombs. Shocked

Never supposed to beat Tim?

Pretty sure Arlovski was the favourite in the 1st and 2nd fights, and even the 3rd fight.

Lol it’s HW. The most putrid division in MMA these days.

The “elite” new gen consist of guys like Black Beast and Curtis “HS Wrestler” Blaydes, and the rest of the division is 50 year old versions of Hunt, Werdum, Oleinyk, Reem, JDS, etc.

LOL it’s a joke. Let AA make his money.

<36>

As he said in his post-fight, he keeps learning and trying to improve. He isn't complacent with what he's already learned.

If your body doesn't move like it used to, learn to adapt instead of trying to fight like you always did.

I’m honestly happy for him

I remember after that bad run in Strikeforce where he was talking about how he was gonna start playing Russian roulette because he was so depressed

he’s literally being used as a gatekeeper but getting big cheques for it
Good for him
And no I’m not suprised, HW’s always go longer

Surprised? no not really, after he took like 4 hooks to the face I knew Arlovski wasn't going to get knocked out. The guy who he was fighting is only a heavyweight because hes fat as fuck.
Also how did Lins go from this:
20140412015256_1DX_1382.JPG

to this:
maxresdefault.jpg

Belarusian blood is rare and powerful

3 of the deadliest men in the world are Belarusian

me
Arvloski
John wick

Surprised? no not really, after he took like 4 hooks to the face I knew Arlovski wasn't going to get knocked out. The guy who he was fighting is only a heavyweight because hes fat as fuck.
Also how did Lins go from this:
20140412015256_1DX_1382.JPG

to this:
maxresdefault.jpg

It was just bad lighting he was clearly more jacked in the cage. With an definition. Far from shredded though. He did look small for a heavyweight. Even compared to arlovski. Wonder if it was because of USADA?

AA as a "glass chin" is severely mis-stated IMO. Yes, he's gotten KO'd but most HWs have. 50 fights and 11 (T)KOs at HW isn't that off.

Plus look at who is stopping him :
Rozenstruik - 90% KO finishing rate @ 260pounds
Ngannou - most powerful puncher EVER some people say
Reem - Nuff said
Stipe - 19 wins @ 15KOs
Sergi
Brett Rogers
Fedor

I mean come on. It's not like he's getting stopped by cans. Since his fight with Francis he's gone 10 fights with 1 KO to Rozenstruik.

AA, for whatever reason, is my all time fav, so I love to see him get a win.

that said, I still cringe every time he takes a solid shot :D

“Bad chin” = bad defense more often than not.

Andrei learned to see the punches coming and not get hit clean with so many of them.

One reason is, if he gets hurt he basically turtles up and they stop the fight. He doesn't take prolonged damage. He takes the loss, then moves on. Smart for a guy with as many miles as he has.

Yes, I am. I was surprised he was still fighting when I heard about him and Tim's (even more surprised about him) fight in One FC. Then when he came back to the UFC and had his winstreak I was hoping for a miracle of him being champion once more, then it looked like his career should have ended for the second time... and here he is. His mental resolve is off the charts... most people would have quit a long time ago.

Back