• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone here from the old days!

I went to UFC 11 and UFC 13 live. They took place local to me. Got to see both Randy and Tito make their debuts.

Is Silver Wolf still here?

He had something like 40,000 posts before the changeover.

I oversaw the construction of the first Shaolin temple back in 495 AD, either that or just watched UFC around the times of Eugene Jackson, Bas Rutten, Jeremy Horn, Evan Tanner etc.

Swell thanks.
I am grateful some legends from the era gone by are still at it to keep me feeling a young 34

Was there to see Spartacus whip Theokoles. Spartacus's quick hands were to much the slow, lumbering, lack of head movement Theokoles. Even with Theokoles's superior strength and wrestling, Spartacus's TDD and Coliseum control were to technical for the bigger lumbering giant.

Was there to see Spartacus whip Theokoles. Spartacus's quick hands were to much the slow, lumbering, lack of head movement Theokoles. Even with Theokoles's superior strength and wrestling, Spartacus's TDD and Coliseum control were to technical for the bigger lumbering giant.
Fuckin noob i was there when David got the upset against Goliath of Gath.

No weight classes in them days.

What does the late 2000s/early 2010s count as?

I guess I got in during the Lesnar era but not cuz of Lesnar. It was cuz of Diaz vs Guillard and seeing a Lyoto Machida centric episode of UFC Unleashed. So 09’-‘10.

Pretty much the reason i started to watching mma was because of a lyoto machida highlight reel i watched on youtube that had the song from 'the last samurai' and it goes through each fight of his career leading up to the rashad one.

Before this video, i thought mma was just some redneck blood sport where goons beat the shit out of each other. Then watched a few fedor highlight reels, then cro cop. And by this point there was no turning back.

Got on justin.tv and started watching streamed ufc events (not live, probably). First fight i saw was the dean of mean and joe kept describing his style as unorthodox and herky-jerky. I remember keith won that fight, by decision i think.

One of the earliest memorable fights from justin.tv i remember was that guy who was pounding the other dude for 2-3 mins non stop and ref wasnt stopping it and the fighter was shouting at the ref to stop it. Forget who the fighter who did it was, maybe matt brown?

Jesus Christ, seriously? People are fucked in the head.
Yeah him and another guy abducted a woman. I think it was even before he foughtbin the UFC. They caught him because he got convicted of another crime and had to submit DNA. Crazy stuff.

Started watching ufc/pride events in the late 90s, was lurking here around 04 and signed up in 06.

Yep, my wiener really is that big

Been here since ufc 1. Since I dont lived in the US have to order a bootleg VHS from some guy in Jacksonville FL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kierandavey748
Back