Anyone know what is up with Bodog/Bovada!?

KingRyan

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I have all my plays on there for this weekend locked in and they have been down for 24 hrs...

They say it is because of a failed update but haven't given any updates in 12 hours...

Some people are speculating they are taking off with all our money or closing their lines due to players missing games due to the scandemic and them taking a beating...

I'm starting to get very worried...

Doing a system upgrade on a Thursday is a horrible idea. Get that done mid-week in case any errors occur. They'll miss out on a shitload of action if they don't get it corrected quickly.

Doing a system upgrade on a Thursday is a horrible idea. Get that done mid-week in case any errors occur. They'll miss out on a shitload of action if they don't get it corrected quickly.

Usually it doesn't take a fraction of this time... I'm probably just getting worked up for nothing I noticed on their Bovada Twitter account they said everyone's money is safe and they are still working to resolve the issue. That was a few hours ago I was only checking thr Bodog one because I am Canadian

I have been with them for about nineteen years.

They just have less-than-stellar software engineers. No big scam going on.

I started with them and switched to 5dimes. After the 5dimes debacle, I went back to them. I'm really hoping they have lines back up by tomorrow morning. I haven't placed a bet on tomorrow's event yet.

At least they are posting constant updates on Twitter. I use bet365 but use bodog / bovada as well.

I'm optimistic they'll have it back up ahead of the UFC card tomorrow, if not then probably a few hours later when the Paul / Woodley 2 card kicks off.

Still down. I get that things happen and they are giving updates, but a full 48 hours of downtime? Deciding to do an update on a Thursday and how long it is taking to get back up just shows full incompetence. They are missing out on a lot of action and are clearly going to lose quite a bit of users after this.

Crazy that they're still down. For such a large business, you'd think they'd be able to resolve the issue faster than this. Do any of ya'll have another book you'd recommend for a US customer where unfortunately sports gambling isn't allowed yet?

I'm hoping it will be up before the card... they say they are getting close but they have been saying that since yesterday.

When I try to go to their site instead of getting the error message from before it just fails to load now... hoping that is a sign of progress...

I'm hoping it will be up before the card... they say they are getting close but they have been saying that since yesterday.

When I try to go to their site instead of getting the error message from before it just fails to load now... hoping that is a sign of progress...
Yeah, unfortunately they just keep repeating the same things over and over again with slightly different variations of what the message is. I'm hopeful that the 504 gateway time-out error I'm getting now is a sign of progress and not regression. Really hope they get it fixed soon

When they do (hopefully) get it up and running again, their servers are going to be absolutely deluged with customers checking on their accounts. This might be a rough go for a couple days yet.

Bodog for us in Canada was back up before the event started!

What prompted you to go with that book? And do you know if they have live betting? I've heard bet365 is decent. Do you know of any other decent off shore books?

They are actually legal in my state now. They advertise the shit out of it on TV now. I'm only going to play very small in that book. Bovada is back up and has a larger portion of my funds as I use bitcoin there.

They are promising to throw us a few bucks for the trouble. Anyone see any of that yet?

They are promising to throw us a few bucks for the trouble. Anyone see any of that yet?

From the Bovada site upon login:
"Due to the site outage, there may be delays in updating your account balance. Any balance discrepancies will be resolved shortly. While we intended to add compensation to eligible players’ accounts before the site was back, we made the decision to prioritize access over further delays, so please give up to 24 hours for that to appear."

Back