Anyone on here use projectors?

suprah

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anyone on here got nice home theater set ups?
I got a BenQ TH671ST projecting on a 150
inch screen with a 100 watt receiver.
I had an optoma uhd 38x 4k but I like this
one better. Projectors are alot cheaper than tvs
and I prefer a good image with a large screen over
my 70 inch 4k tv.
Im gonna play spiderman 2 get so drunk I see double
and then go downtown for the celebration.
Happy new year bruthas.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 16
110" ACS. Epson 5050 UBE with an Anthem AVM 70 8k. Running a 9.2.4 set up. Paradigm Premier 800F and 600C for my LCR, 6× KEF Q150 for front wides, side and rear surrounds. RSL C34E MK II ×4 for Atmos speakers. 2× Paradigm Defiance X12 subwoofers. Powered by Outlaw 7000X, Outlaw 5000X and a custom built 2 channel class D amplifier. Panasonic DPUB 820 4K player.

2 rows of seating, with the back row on 16" risers I built to elevate above the 1st row.

110" ACS. Epson 5050 UBE with an Anthem AVM 70 8k. Running a 9.2.4 set up. Paradigm Premier 800F and 600C for my LCR, 6× KEF Q150 for front wides, side and rear surrounds. RSL C34E MK II ×4 for Atmos speakers. 2× Paradigm Defiance X12 subwoofers. Powered by Outlaw 7000X, Outlaw 5000X and a custom built 2 channel class D amplifier. Panasonic DPUB 820 4K player.

2 rows of seating, with the back row on 16" risers I built to elevate above the 1st row.
Dude you the man how do you like your picture? Dont think the 5050 is 4k or uhd is it. Ive got an epson home cinema 1060 but the benq is short throw so I fill up the 150 inch screen with it. Back bedroom is smaller like 12/15 so could only get maybe 120 some inches with the epson. Both the epson and benq are 1080p but the benq is uhd.
Edit just checked and yours is 4k congrats post so pics.

Dude you the man how do you like your picture? Dont think the 5050 is 4k or uhd is it. Ive got an epson home cinema 1060 but the benq is short throw so I fill up the 150 inch screen with it. Back bedroom is smaller like 12/15 so could only get maybe 120 some inches with the epson. Both the epson and benq are 1080p but the benq is uhd.
Edit just checked and yours is 4k congrats post so pics.

The picture is amazing. You forget when you're watching it that it's a projector until you stand in the path of the projector and block the screen. Just bought the Harry Potter 8 movie collection in 4K, and Thor Ragnarok in 4K. We've watched up to The Order of The Phoenix so far. The CGI is definitely dated, but the picture quality is awesome. Also watched Back to The Future parts 1 & 2 on 4K disc. Same thing. Picture is awesome, CGI is dated.

We also have a 65" LG C series in my wife's lady den/TV room. On 4K disc in my HT room, the picture is almost as good as her TV. Of course the size and surround sound in my HT room blows her room away.

The picture is amazing. You forget when you're watching it that it's a projector until you stand in the path of the projector and block the screen. Just bought the Harry Potter 8 movie collection in 4K, and Thor Ragnarok in 4K. We've watched up to The Order of The Phoenix so far. The CGI is definitely dated, but the picture quality is awesome. Also watched Back to The Future parts 1 & 2 on 4K disc. Same thing. Picture is awesome, CGI is dated.

We also have a 65" LG C series in my wife's lady den/TV room. On 4K disc in my HT room, the picture is almost as good as her TV. Of course the size and surround sound in my HT room blows her room away.
Epson makes great reliable projectors Ive still got my ex51 I bought ages ago. Use to get drunk and do drunk movie nights on here watching it. Post some pics if ya want lemme see your setup.
How many inches back do you hafta set yours to get the 110 inch picture?

Not at home but I use them for work.

Epson makes great reliable projectors Ive still got my ex51 I bought ages ago. Use to get drunk and do drunk movie nights on here watching it. Post some pics if ya want lemme see your setup.
How many inches back do you hafta set yours to get the 110 inch picture?
It's not a short throw, so it's at the back of the room about 16' from the screen. The room is 18.5 ' ×10.5' × 7.5'. Ceiling is low, as it's under the garage slab. Ideally, I'd love to have the room about 1-2' bigger all around. But we bought the house, and this room was already pre wired to be a HT room. I'll post some pics here in a minute.

Thats an awesome setup bro I only have satelite speakers upstairs................but lemme show tha beasts lol. 15s down here and use to have a 1000 watt system but now just 150 I think. People a mile away wanted to kill me they blasted so loud. I think your epson cost more than all 3 of mine put together. That optoma 4k was 1500 tho and I sold that sumbitch. Thats 2 optomas Ive bought and both sucked.

Attachments

• 15s.JPG
    15s.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 11
All these >$4k projectors are using pixel shifting for 4k or 1080p with 4k signal downscaling fyi.

Last edited:
I have the Samsung freestyle projector

All these >$4k projectors are using pixel shifting for 4k or 1080k with 4k signal downscaling fyi.
Yup my optoma did it wasnt tru 4k so piss on optoma. Think Brandons might be tru 4k tho his is a nice one. Chris majestic does a good youtube video of it.

Yup my optoma did it wasnt tru 4k so piss on optoma. Think Brandons might be tru 4k tho his is a nice one. Chris majestic does a good youtube video of it.

5050 is an awesome projector due to its value/performance. The native contrast ratio is really, really good for a non JVC/Sony projector. Nevertheless I believe it's pixel shifting too

What does a decent projector go for?

5050 is an awesome projector due to its value/performance. The native contrast ratio is really, really good for a non JVC/Sony projector. Nevertheless I believe it's pixel shifting too

You're right it is a pixel shift. JVC is the cheapest native 4K projector you can get (N7 I think?), and it's 2× the cost of the 5050.

I want to get one for my outside this summer. project jaws on a Screen while we are in the pool at night.

Back