Anyone Remember Minesweeper?

Clippy

Good Times
@plutonium
Reaction score
I'm on a joruney, got back into minesweeper - used to play in school - when it came on windows 95 n shit - now they dont even put it on computer

I remember very few ppl even knew how to play it but I got it figured out - it mostly confuses ppl

anywho im gunna keep adding 1 more mine to expert and see what happens lol

No one's gonna watch you play minesweeper dude. Always wondered why this crap and solitaire were the two games added by default to a Windows machine. They chose the two most boring games they could think of. Couldn't they at least have gotten Tetris?

My record on the smallest field was 6 seconds.
39 on the middle.
119 or smth on the largest.

Boy, oh, boy, did I waste some time on minesweeper.

No one's gonna watch you play minesweeper dude. Always wondered why this crap and solitaire were the two games added by default to a Windows machine. They chose the two most boring games they could think of. Couldn't they at least have gotten Tetris?
There was actually some logic behind it.

Back then many people were getting their first PC and a lot of them had never used a mouse before.

So they included these particular games because they're like mouse training. In minesweeper you develop the skill of clicking on small squares, and differentiating right and left button clicks.

In solitaire you got to practice holding down the left button and dragging things around the screen.

A mouse seems pretty intuitive for those of us that grew up with computers. But I remember showing my grandma how to use the computer and it was painful because it took several tries to click on the little x to close the window.

There was actually some logic behind it.

Back then many people were getting their first PC and a lot of them had never used a mouse before.

So they included these particular games because they're like mouse training. In minesweeper you develop the skill of clicking on small squares, and differentiating right and left button clicks.

In solitaire you got to practice holding down the left button and dragging things around the screen.

A mouse seems pretty intuitive for those of us that grew up with computers. But I remember showing my grandma how to use the computer and it was painful because it took several tries to click on the little x to close the window.
this is interesting

No one's gonna watch you play minesweeper dude.

image.png

Minesweeper is way more fun than Solitaire. Come on.

It's hard to believe it's been around 30 years since I played that shit. A buddy of mine had a boring desk job and got addicted to it. He played in some tournaments and did reasonably well lol.

I use to be pretty good at it. I have it on my phone, but i can't play as fast compared to a computer and mouse. Plus fat fingers causes me to press the wrong block sometimes. I can blow through the hardest level pretty quick still.

Ski free was always more fun than minesweeper for me, the sense of adventure and freedom plus the horror of the Yeti...

But what about Scorched Earth? Anyone?
Holy fuck I was just thinking about that skiing game yesterday. Honestly don't think a computer I owned ever had it. Was that Windows 95? The first computer I ever owned was Windows ME. (Had that computer from 2000 - 2009!)

Back