Anyone who has ever grappled in his life knows how strong Almeida is

Hazuki Ryo

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Who did that to Derrick Lewis ? His TD are some of the most technical and i would love to see him against Gane.

People are now discrediting Gane but if he keeps his distance it's going to be a hard fight for Almeida.

It takes a strong man to finish Lewis but

a-very-strong-man-jevon-roberts.gif

will drag it to the 5th Rd with them odds.

If that is Almeida's usual style, I hope to God he doesn't win the belt. What a boring fight that was last night! I was agreeing with Bisping that whole fight, about how little Almeida did while on top. I am not a Derrick Lewis fan, but I was sure hoping he'd land that one big punch last night.:(

If that is Almeida's usual style, I hope to God he doesn't win the belt. What a boring fight that was last night! I was agreeing with Bisping that whole fight, about how little Almeida did while on top. I am not a Derrick Lewis fan, but I was sure hoping he'd land that one big punch last night.:(

I think some of the blame has to go to Derrick for playing such a safe style. Wasn't willing to take any risks to get back up and looked content to survive.

usual style? that was his first decision win of his entire career.

I think some of the blame has to go to Derrick for playing such a safe style. Wasn't willing to take any risks to get back up and looked content to survive.
The the ref should stand them up. And I think anywhere but in Brazil they would have. It was such a shit show to watch. Luckily a couple fights earlier on the card saved it.

A lot of beautiful women have accused me of not doing enough from the bottom. I usually mumble something about I was playing it safe, or I tried to sweep her but she was too heavy on top, or maybe I was sleeping. Sometimes its just an adrenaline dump.

Almeida neutralized the threat using his strengths and won the fight. That's mixed martial arts.

Things like this are going to happen when skill levels in a certain discipline are so far apart. Lewis is mostly responsible for his lack of ground skills and lack of motivation to improve them.

Almeida also took no risks. He wouldn't even move to side control to try and finish those arm triangles he was so afraid of losing position.

Dana doesn’t want this guy as champ guaranteed

This. I don't mind the dude but c'mon go out and get a finish. Even the home crowd booed towards the end.
If GSP was a blanket....that was a fucking zipped up sleeping bag.

The the ref should stand them up. And I think anywhere but in Brazil they would have. It was such a shit show to watch. Luckily a couple fights earlier on the card saved it.
I don’t think the ref is allowed to stand them up unless it’s a neutral position. Almeida was in mount. So, even if he’s not doing a lot the ref can’t take away the position.

Back