AR 15 lower doesnt meet legal definition.

Chesten_Hesten

Greatness isn't Stoked by Compliments.
@Gold
Reaction score
Maybe this is already known, i dont get out much, but found it interesting, have a look yo.

https://www-thetruthaboutguns-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.thetruthaboutguns.com/the-atfs-definition-of-an-ar-15-lower-as-a-firearm-is-in-serious-trouble/amp/?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA=#aoh=15873201250020&referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/the-atfs-definition-of-an-ar-15-lower-as-a-firearm-is-in-serious-trouble/

Nicolaysen argued that the definition of a receiver under the relevant federal code differed in various ways from the AR-15 component Roh was accused of manufacturing.

Under the US Code of Federal Regulations, a firearm frame or receiver is defined as: “That part of a firearm which provides housing for the hammer, bolt or breechblock, and firing mechanism, and which is usually threaded at its forward portion to receive the barrel.” (emphasis added)

The lower receiver in Roh’s case does not have a bolt or breechblock and is not threaded to receive the barrel, Nicolaysen noted.

There is a lot of discussion about this right now. I just can't see this going anywhere in the right direction. If this becomes a REAL topic of discussion it won't trend in favor of 2A advocates. Sometimes you just want the status quo.

There is a lot of discussion about this right now. I just can't see this going anywhere in the right direction. If this becomes a REAL topic of discussion it won't trend in favor of 2A advocates. Sometimes you just want the status quo.

What I was thinking.

Seems like a potential shit storm politically and legally to redefine the law to suit the technicalities.

80% lower murder spree could certainly bring it to a head.

Agreed. With 3D technology advancing, this will only hasten the shifting of battleground away from receivers. Suddenly barrels, bolts, and cartridges will need a background check and FFL.

Time to reevaluate the spare parts situation. :oops:

Yeah it's definitely a can of worms that could go badly for us. Even if Trump is reelected I don't trust his administration to rewrite what is a firearm in our favor. We saw how bumpstocks went.

Yeah it's definitely a can of worms that could go badly for us. Even if Trump is reelected I don't trust his administration to rewrite what is a firearm in our favor. We saw how bumpstocks went.
I feel like bump stocks were an intentional throwaway to the anti gunners. As most gun guys saw them as more of a useless range gimmick, and the anti gunners were going crazy over them, it was like a “fine ok whatever no more bump stocks” decision to appease the other side.

Sort of like if Jelly Belly said they’d stop making one flavor of jelly bean, and we all agreed fine it would be the black ones.

I feel like bump stocks were an intentional throwaway to the anti gunners. As most gun guys saw them as more of a useless range gimmick, and the anti gunners were going crazy over them, it was like a “fine ok whatever no more bump stocks” decision to appease the other side.

Sort of like if Jelly Belly said they’d stop making one flavor of jelly bean, and we all agreed fine it would be the black ones.

The problem is it's the way they went about. They bypassed congress and rewrote the legal definition of a machine gun. That imo could have major implications in the future implementation of gun control.

cropped432201174.jpg

The problem is it's the way they went about. They bypassed congress and rewrote the legal definition of a machine gun. That imo could have major implications in the future implementation of gun control.
I don’t disagree with you at all. But I think if

Back