Are fans getting annoyed by Robbie Lawler?

The most idiotic thread that i have seen in a long time.

im blown away right now...had to reset my password to ask TS what the hell he wants to see in a cage fight.....Yes i think Condit won 3 of 5 rds ...but he didnt BEAT the champ!

Benson was a boring point fighter who blatantly lost fights and ended up with wins

Lawlor is the definition of a "just bleed" fighter who has been in 4 crazy razor close wars in a row and has two debatable decisions on his record one of which most people thought he deserved

Respect him but have never really been a fan.

Def not, im annoyed with the judges generally tho. But who knows i might end up doing even more annoying shit if i was to judge those fights.

If the judges can't agree because the fight is that close, call it a draw and have another fight. Why decide a winner in a super close fight when you can just make another fight? A new champion shouldn't be crowned by judges who can't agree. People seem preoccupied with having someone to call "the winner" even if a fight is close.

Lawler is the epitome of Just Bleed, Chosen Disciple of the JBG, and just the man in general. Fuck this thread.

Also, there are not nearly enough 10-10 and 10-8 rounds. If fighter A barely eeks out the first 3 rounds in 2 of the judges' eyes, only because those judges feel obligated to pick a winner and not score 10-10s, then fighter B drops unanswered bombs for the last 10 minutes, if all 3 judges only hand out 10-9s, fighter A gets rewarded the split decision victory for eeking out the first 3 rounds, even though fighter B did more damage and dominated the last 10 mins of the fight.

I thought Johny won. I thought Condit won. I love Robbie Lawler. It's not his fault that the judges gave him the nod. In fact, he kinda deserves it anyway.

He lost his first UFC title fight by a very close but clear unanimous decision. He lost 1 and 2, won 3 and 4, and then, he gave up a takedown in the 5th and lost the fight. It all came down to the 5th.

Now, he has won 3 straight world title fights and each of them was won in the 5th round via beast-mode comeback. Such great redemption. I can't fault him for fighting his ass off in the last round, even if it earns him what I feel is a shit decision. I used to say the same about Hendo. He stole important victories over Kondo, Ninja, and Bustamante with last-round desperation beast-mode after appearing to be half-dead earlier. Only one of those fights was for a world title.

What Robbie has done is amazing. Ironic, considering Johny came out flat in the 5th and gave GSP a tight decision before seemingly learning from his mistake and redeeming himself in the 5th round against Robbie in their first fight.

No, and when I watched the Condit fight 2 weeks after it happened I still thought Robbie won.

What the fuck is this shit TS? The answer is a fuckin no Robbie Lawler is everything good about MMA you fuck

It's not like he's gaming the system. In fact he's pretty bad at the point fighting game and losses a lot of rounds that he shouldn't, he's winning these fights because he's dishing out more damage and power punches.

Poor attempt to use Benson's impopularity to hurt Lawler or Lawler's awesomeness to make us cry about Bendo.

0/10

I'm not seeing why we should be annoyed with him

The difference between Benson and Robbie is that Benson comes to point fight and get a gift from the judges, Robbie comes to freaking fight and put it all out there and get the decision.

I can't hate a fighter that actually comes to fight.

there's always gotta be one....smh

while i did definitely feel going by round by round robbie did lose the second fight to hendricks, i am definitely not complaining now.

robbie is a fucking warrior and ive always liked him since he was young. seeing him go on a hell of a journey losing to people he definitely shouldnt have was gutwrencing but seeing him piece it all together now is just bliss.

Back