Are people more angry and violent than before?

Everybody can take a pic or make a video today and can share it on multiple platforms, see a pic/vid of violence or crime is infinitely more powerful than read few words on newspaper

Back in the 90s here was (and still should be) normal street smart thing to check what there's ahead, as in the wrong streets these 4 guys may jump you if you got nice shoes or jacket.
Was pretty normal shit, being from the shitty part of the city lot of friends had in the weekly routine bitchslap/jump/scare some nice area guy to robber him

Now in a slow day couple of immigrant crap teens doing a robbery make it to the news -click on the link to see the vid-

Or clubbing
I've seen like one half ass fight in last 10 times i've been to a club, and was just one super coked up manager getting triggered over something

Early 2000s working in security at clubs 1-2 each night was normal
Late 90s being a teen in clubs 3-4 each night was normal, and this without count actually bad places

Making opposite perspective same can be said for police brutality
On general think cops became waaay more careful and gentle, yet today you will ever have some cunt with a cellphone, so all you need is a vid of them roughing up some asshole and suddently they're teh nazis rebirth

Can't of course speaknfor USA, but from my perspective in general there's less action* but it get much more coverage

*of course some countries society have been ruined by retard immigration, but this is another story

I dont know about every aspect of violence, but school shootings have got to have gone up a shitload from the 90's.

I should actually say mass shootings, not just school shootings. Seems like they are on the news as almost a regular thing now.

Everyone thinks the past was a utopia / "good old days" and the present is the absolute worst!

Studies will show that crime has plummeted since the 90s.
h548LQI.png

I don't know about anger, but I believe anti-depressants use is at an all-time high. It could be due to more people who are depressed, better awareness of mental health, or both.

I’d take this data with a grain of salt. I’m assuming this graph(and similar) primarily reflect actual arrests/convictions. What resulted in an arrest 30 years ago may not be equivalent to what results in arrest today. For example, there’s no shortage of people in the Bay Area who will tell you if you park your car on the street, it’s pretty much a forgone conclusion it will be broken into.

Probably now more than ever you got cable TV personalities and podcasters getting masses of the dumbest retard racists all riled up to do mass violence. The news just said the recent gay club shooter's grandfather is known for spreading anti-government bullshit and he's a CA elected guy.

Everyone thinks the past was a utopia / "good old days" and the present is the absolute worst!

h548LQI.png

I don't know about anger, but I believe anti-depressants use is at an all-time high. It could be due to more people who are depressed, better awareness of mental health, or both.

Or you locked them all up.........

that is why I am surprised a lot of people in here holds the 90s with such high regard. The 90a was full of race wars and gang banging at a Alltime high. People were killed for wearing Mickey Mouse shirts or buying shoes. And racist were out lynching folks and dragging them down Main Street like it was the thing to do. The 90s were dark times and I feel lucky enough to survive it. I know a few that didn’t make it.
Why do you think the 90s were worse than the 80s? Legit question. I am 80% sure that the 80s were much tougher economically which usual correlates with crime.

Don't you know, Smokes? "Everyone got all sensitive and racial in the past few years!" /sarcasm. Forgetting that LA went up in flames in 1992 over Rodney King just like many cities did over George Floyd. It's nothing new, just more incidents due to access to footage.

Gang banging was crazy too, I agree. The movie Dangerous Minds was a product of its era. Of course there are still rough places plagued with violence now, but I for one can say I remember walking through Brooklyn, cautious not to wear too much red or blue in neighborhoods that are now populated by baristas, yoga moms, and skinny vegans with handlebar mustaches riding bikes. Lol.

I don't say this to be on some "back in my day we were more gangsta" shit... obviously violence is bad, but one thing I wish more people understood is that we look at the past with rose-colored glasses.

Sometimes because folks were too young to fully understand things, but mainly because our brains prioritize the pleasant parts of the past and try to conceal the shitty parts, hence the recollection bias.

People forget so easily. Wu Tang told it like it was.

Babies cryin, mothers tryin, and brothers gettin shot.

Shit is deep on the block and you got me locked down in this cold, cold world.

People definitely seem more entitled since the pandemic. Which can easily turn into them being angry/violent.

h548LQI.png

I don't know if we can trust those stats.

Police departments everywhere started following the moneyball trend of using data. And they were under immense pressure to get the violent crime rates down, to the point where the cops were mis-classifying crimes as non violent when they really weren't.

You should never let the people being judged by data have influence over that data.

Unfortunately in the real world it happens all the time.

Exactly. The recent spike in crime, which puts us nowhere near the 90s in terms of violent crime, is probably frustration due to Covid. I’m sure it’s temporary. But since the 90s all crime, and especially violent crime, has dropped and continued to do so for the most part.
It probably seems like world is more violent because so much shit is projected all over social media and the internet in general. Back when it was way more violent all you had was the newspaper and the nightly news. Even then those media outlets could cover cover so much.

Last edited:
It probably seems like world is more violent because so much shit is projected all over social media and the internet in general. Back when it was way more violent all you had was the newspaper and the nightly news. Even then those media outlets could over cover so much.
I think that’s exactly it. Take for example some of the stuff posted here. There was a thread about how San Francisco is now so crime ridden, containing a video of some guy stealing something from a car I guess, I don’t remember. And everyone saw that video and said, “Yep. Look at that. People break into cars in SF.” As if that doesn’t happen in absolutely every city. But because people see it, the video Carrie’s more weight than a statistic. It’s ridiculous and people are too stupid.

No but things can always go backwards if we don't do the right thing today and in the future.

I do not really go out besides yoga related stuff. Last time I used to really go out to parties and clubs were the 2000s. I remembered tons of street gangs and people giving each other dirty looks and what have you.

With smartphones, you have people glued to their phone and everyone is on the net. I do not see street gangs. From my perspective, it seems like people have mellowed out, teenagers seem nice and more focused on fame and money as oppose to " keep it gangsta" like my days.

So for me, life seems better but then I hear how everyone is angry, random shooting, suicide at all time high and random violent gone up like crazy. I have no idea what is going on, people are going crazy about the Idaho murders and that the world is filled with angry hate fueled people who get exposed to others social media and are filled with rage and malice.

I am curios, is the world getting better or worse?

Cliffs:

Life better in 2000s or now?

Don't know how you see that. Violent crimes and public shootings are up like never before. People operate from the pulpit of their cellphone to reign down judgment on other people who they see only as avatars.

The internet has made everything better 3xcept a person's ability to be a better human to his kr her fellow man.

that is why I am surprised a lot of people in here holds the 90s with such high regard. The 90a was full of race wars and gang banging at a Alltime high. People were killed for wearing Mickey Mouse shirts or buying shoes. And racist were out lynching folks and dragging them down Main Street like it was the thing to do. The 90s were dark times and I feel lucky enough to survive it. I know a few that didn’t make it.

That's what we called "the good old days" before everyone went and became giant pussies.

Idk about all other countries but I can def say regarding the one I am from that back when I was a teenager in the late 80s and early 90s there were fights everywhere and heroin junkies flooded the streets. Not to mention those were the Galician druglords golden years here up north, the nazi skinheads were just everywhere and we still had ETA operating (I lived a grenade launcher attack just across the street at my parents place)...
Back in that time you just couldn't relax for a second. I kid you not every saturday night there were at least 4-5 big brawls in the clubs and I live in a mid/small city... Now I walk around and very rarely I feel any tension. Not saying that there is zero chance you still can get jumped for whatever reasons, but I'd say it's way more chill now. If we had cellphones with cameras back in the days...
gra%CC%81fico-2.png

In the graph you can see the steady decline in criminality. Idk why there's so much fear mongering now but whoever doesn't feel the world is less violent now def didn't live back in the 80s

Last edited:
definitely not more violent.
more angry, yes.
maybe there's a link between the two statements.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back