Social Are you an outdoorsy kind of person?

Are you an outdoorsy kind of person?

• Outdoors what's that? haven't left my home since the pandemic.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Am I an outdoorsy type?
Abso-fucking-lutely!!!

I fish, hunt, and camp whenever possible.
I have a 4 season tent, with a wood stove for cold weather camping. When its all set up, its like a tiny cabin.
Which one do you have? I've been thinking about getting one.

I can be. My wife enjoys the outdoor, but she still needs her essentials (e.g., hot shower, clean toilet, running water, comfortable sleeping arrangements, et). So if we go as a family it needs to be in a cabin, RV, hotel or some form of glamping. When the kids get older I want to do a week camping trip out in the Eastern Sierras all the down to Death Valley. Then another trip up north all the way into Southern Oregon.

No and my main hobby is mycology. I'm sort of an outlier.

ive got a 16 foot bell tent and a winnerwell stove to heat it. ill like a few days out i nature in that heated palace.

Regatta-Bell-Tent_d9703183-0ae0-49c2-9634-59fda2813f38_600x.jpg

O1U9-mWltDXdmW9WDFLHJcJa_ncD29Mg5QAm_fuSwuoetTlwjFc550vFDDrBsYJHKl2z_nSApBAL-BrgAlTK0mFwpFFpvKQRalZ3ZD5nr2GPT-2koG_Xc1f-l-HzIoAPyqrO

Last edited:
yes but not overnight
hiking, bouldering, spelunking, river rafting and trail running are all awesome.
but ok was born in Colorado so it is in my blood

prolly don't count but just taking a drive through he mountains and going down side roads and dirt roads is a great at to relax. when I lived in northern Colorado I would drive through he mountains all the time and try andfind little BBQ spots or mom and pop joints that were almost in hidden in all the little mountain communities out there

So much an outdoors guy. I'm like 80% nature and 20% city.

But at the same time i spend way more time indoors than i should. Just so much time spent online.

I'm happier being out in nature. Beaches, forests, mountains, rivers.. love it all. And i can spend months away from the city in those places (just need wifi now)

<mma4>
I like it!!!

i saw your settup and it looks great too! we actually haven't used it in the woods yet, just got all the stuff this fall and set it up in the yard lol. we have always had campers but decided to downsize. the winnerwell stove is only 30 pounds and has been amazing though. its got a chimney oven that bakes really well too.

I love the beach and hiking if my busted up feet can handle it but not into camping or sleeping in the woods.

i saw your settup and it looks great too! we actually haven't used it in the woods yet, just got all the stuff this fall and set it up in the yard lol. we have always had campers but decided to downsize. the winnerwell stove is only 30 pounds and has been amazing though. its got a chimney oven that bakes really well too.
Nice!
My stove kinda sucks. Definitely going to upgrade that before before going out in the cold again lol.
Coldest I was out, it was 25°F at night. I had to get up every 1-1/2 hours to fill the stove lol.
Good thing was, it was a bird hunting trip, so I had my dog with me and he likes to snuggle.

Nice!
My stove kinda sucks. Definitely going to upgrade that before before going out in the cold again lol.
Coldest I was out, it was 25°F at night. I had to get up every 1-1/2 hours to fill the stove lol.
Good thing was, it was a bird hunting trip, so I had my dog with me and he likes to snuggle.

what kind of stove have you got? mine is lighweight wont burn for too long but is great if you have to pack it all in a car to get there. ive heard the better camp stoves can run you out of a tent they get so hot though.

mountain bike, snowboard, fish, camp, go on a walk in the woods everyday so I would say so, although not a die hard climbing rock faces but I'm out there.

My sons and I camp more than three months each year. I hike about 5 miles every morning through the forest learning the area. We are avid meat hunters and spend as much time outdoors as possible. In fact, I just got back from spending three weeks up in Williams, AZ for my son’s elk hunt. It just snowed there Friday and the winter scene where we were camped was absolutely incredible.

When my now five-year-old was born we finally broke down and bought a travel trailer though. Not gonna lie, I don’t miss tent camping one bit.

I love the outdoors but more for picnics than camping. I lived lived in rural communities the last 20 years so that beautiful outdoors areas would be available anytime.

Tents or hammocks, I prefer my sleeping hammock. Wife and son come along too, they also enjoy camping and hiking. We pack very light, so long hikes over rough terrain are not a problem.

Yes I love everything about the outdoors, minus the bugs.

But this one time I was hitchhiking my way through Oregon and the sheriff didn't like me. Called me names and arrested me for vagrancy. Made me pretty mad. So mad I had flashbacks from my days in Nam. Anyways I got out of jail and lived in the woods and whatnot fighting the dickhead authorities with my massive sherdog skills and things I learned from ole charlie. Turned out real bad. Ended up being ok because an old friend talked me down.

I got one of these cabelas tents that's also a cot. One man though, but absolutely fantastic if your on your own fishing or hunting somewheres.

2677991_100242861_is.jpeg

Back