Are you disappointed with your life?

Shr3dd3r

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Are you disappointed with how your life turned out, where you are, or who you have become?
If so, why? How old are you? How disappointed are you on a scale of 1-10? (10 being the most disappointed)

Nope, going pretty great so far, even though my current contract isn't ideal.

Tough question to answer. I wish I had taken a few more risks but I haven't done so bad, really.

301088348_5678430212201366_6084422923034144419_n.jpg

I’m disappointed that I never found my motivation to get a job that I enjoy. I have a good paying job, wife, kids, lots of material things, little debt. Health is quickly deteriorating but I’m pushing 50 so that’s expected.
Almost 30 years of this “work” and I have never looked forward to it, but I can’t get my head around doing anything else. 1st world problems I guess.

I am happy with life.

I am however disappointed that I woke up after only a few hours of sleep.

I’m disappointed that I never found my motivation to get a job that I enjoy. I have a good paying job, wife, kids, lots of material things, little debt. Health is quickly deteriorating but I’m pushing 50 so that’s expected.
Almost 30 years of this “work” and I have never looked forward to it, but I can’t get my head around doing anything else. 1st world problems I guess.
What do you do?

I can project some sort of pristine life that is like a fantasy world. But it's not realistic, I came to accepting my shortcomings. You do the best you can with the situation/scenario you're in and the gifts you were given. And that's all you can ask for. If I look at it objectively I can't complain, it is what it is.

My life is pretty good actually.

Yeah. Just smart enough to see how fucked up everything is, not nearly smart enough to fix it all. Still, I should be dead several times over and have managed to accomplish slightly more than I thought I would.

But it's mostly a miserable slog, and if I didn't have people relying on me I'd probably kill myself. Is what it is though. It's all causality. Everything is going the only way it ever could have gone. Got to accept that, somehow.

As I get older I realise how badly others have it around the world, to the point that I believe I don't have a right to be disappointed.

I have an amazing wife, 2 heathy children and in the top 3% of earners in the UK. I also won the lottery in being born British. It's not luck as I've grafted for everything but Im thankful for my opportunities

Back