Are you excited for Jose Aldo's return tonight?

Yes, but I won't show it..

fn7EPM.gif

No, it's obvious what this is going to be. UFC is going to try to build a name off a name. Aldo is only doing this so he can officially get out of his UFC contract and pursue other combat related ventures. Aldo will be sacrificed. You're going to hear he name of his opponent praised like he just beat 2008 Aldo, heroically.

On the one hand, it's always great to see Aldo fight. Dude's a legend. But it certainly feels like it's just a pay-day for him. The UFC really didn't build this card up much in terms of star power so they're probably paying Aldo a decent sum to return and put his name on the card.
Don't get me wrong, I am excited for this card, but it's hard to argue that this card has big names beyond Aldo.

On the one hand, it's always great to see Aldo fight. Dude's a legend. But it certainly feels like it's just a pay-day for him. The UFC really didn't build this card up much in terms of star power so they're probably paying Aldo a decent sum to return and put his name on the card.
Don't get me wrong, I am excited for this card, but it's hard to argue that this card has big names beyond Aldo.
Not just a payday but I think he technically had one more fight left on his contract, so this is to fulfill that so he can go box and do other things. Hopefully it’s not like when a band makes a shitty album just to get out of their record deal lol.

Not particularly.

I used to really like watching him circa the time he came over from WEC to the UFC. That fight with Hominick was crazy. I was losing my shit in round 5. Aldo was fading hard. And that hematoma on Hominick.

Those years in there Aldo was exciting to watch. Leg kicks, etc.

But, he’s not that person anymore physically.

I know I’m in the minority but I’ve never liked the guy. When he’s down, he shows no urgency and then acts shocked when he loses. If he’s ahead, he coasts. Then he refused to learn English while complaining he wasn’t getting paid like Ronaldo despite being a poor draw.

He was awesome in WEC but not a fan otherwise.

Not particularly.

I used to really like watching him circa the time he came over from WEC to the UFC. That fight with Hominick was crazy. I was losing my shit in round 5. Aldo was fading hard. And that hematoma on Hominick.

Those years in there Aldo was exciting to watch. Leg kicks, etc.

But, he’s not that person anymore physically.
I always thought the first two rounds of the first Frankie fight was the best he ever looked. He looked scary in the early part of that fight.

Then Frankie started to come back when he got tired. But he was on a different level in those days. The speed and power, I mean he was something else.

But to answer the TS, yeah it's exciting. I always like these legends last fights. It's either really amazing and they turn back the clock and the crowd goes crazy or it's sad and they get their asses kicked. Either way it's fun IMO

That performance excited me

I was ecstatic that he shut-down those leg-kicks in basically less than 1/2 a round and made Martinez uncomfortable and limited picking his shots

Back