Are you going to watch the total solar eclipse? - April 8th, 2024

Are you going to watch the total solar eclipse?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't have those special glasses and they say you can use your camera on your phone to look straight at it. Though I'm not completely positive about that.

Therefore, I'm not risking getting blind, so I'm going to pass. Although, it's going to be cool to see at midday that rather it being sunny it's completely dark.

So that's surreal.

I'm sure there will be a great quality recording of it on YT.

@rj144 you watching?

eclipse_map_2024_notext_10800-fca5ff1be383354dea30f54bfcf48fb4435c8052-scaled.jpg

I'll be in Cleveland (not by choice) so I'll have a perfect view... Will be present for it...

Yes. I live in the total coverage zone in NY State on Lake Ontario although the weather report predicts some cloud cover. Got the glasses(5 pack) the other day.

I live in Dallas so theoretically I should have a great view. However the forecast for tomorrow calls for overcast and rain. Hopefully that comes after the totality of the eclipse

It would suck for the hundreds of thousands of people that have come to Texas for the eclipse only to be rained out. Hotels under the path of the eclipse are charging over $1000 a night for some crappy room

Last edited:
I'd like to but I dont have those glasses plus Im not sure if its even gonna be in the Bay Area, I heard they sell the glasses at the Home Depot, maybe I'll stop by this afternoon on my way to the movie theater
Will update later

No plans and I live jogging distance from the path.

I'm not sure if there will be much to see here in Florida. Probably not, so don't imagine I'll see much.

I don't have those special glasses and they say you can use your camera on your phone to look straight at it. Though I'm not completely positive about that.

Therefore, I'm not risking getting blind, so I'm going to pass. Although, it's going to be cool to see at midday that rather it being sunny it's completely dark.

So that's surreal.

I'm sure there will be a great quality recording of it on YT.

@rj144 you watching?

eclipse_map_2024_notext_10800-fca5ff1be383354dea30f54bfcf48fb4435c8052-scaled.jpg
I shit on you for only posting a map of the US.

I live in Dallas so theoretically I should have a great view. However the forecast for tomorrow calls for overcast and rain. Hopefully that comes after the totality of the eclipse

It would suck for the hundreds of thousands of people that have come to Texas for the eclipse only to be rained out. Hotels under the path of the eclipse are charging over $1000 a night for some crappy room
OIP.hKLo6L2t7i9ELuQ9_WFjTwEsC0

Hey, just a heads-up! When there's a total solar eclipse happening, tons of folks flock to spots where they can see it in all its glory. This can mean major traffic jams, packed viewing spots, and maybe even some safety concerns.

If you're thinking of catching the eclipse live, it's smart to plan in advance, get to your chosen spot early, and be ready for some crowds and maybe not a lot of facilities around.

Be safe, Sherfriends!

Probably not, I'm in Florida, IDK how good the viewing is here. I normally don't miss any eclipes/meteors and stuff bc I live on the beach so there's always a great view but I think it's not gonna be that great here.

No, I haven’t planned to. I haven’t even looked to see how visible it is from where I live.

If I need any sort of gear to see it, then we can skip it.

Back