Movies Are you guys watching the Oscars tonight?

Are you guys watching the Oscars tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have never understood why anyone would watch The Oscars. Why do you care about a made up award given to people for pretending to be other people?

I have never understood why anyone would watch The Oscars. Why do you care about a made up award given to people for pretending to be other people?
7e0a9d7d-51ae-4334-a8ef-cc64bf654bb5_text.gif

Not a chance.

Watched Oppenheimer a few days ago though. Decent acting but overall it was underwhelming imho and honestly a bit of a mess. Haven't seen any of the other movies.

I'll watch it until Godzilla loses and then go to bed depressed.

Yes,

I want to see Jimmy Kimmel's opening jokes and mainly see Becky G perform "The Fire Inside"

Hell no, just like the scores on rotten tomatoes nowadays. I work in film programming for the TIFF in Toronto, and it’s a joke system for what films get voted in, which films are actually seen, etc. and they shoehorn a lot of big production companies in due to money alone, which brings in the stars, which brings in more fans and more revenue.

I know Lily Gladstone personally (from Flower Moon) and she thinks she’s going to win because she’s Native American, so she’s worried about that.
Lily Gladstone is going to win because the Oscars ain't so white anymore LOL

Reactions: lsa
Or who they’re close friends with, it’s rare we sit through all of the films. That’s a fuck load in reality. I guarantee the BIPOC aka the coloured voters will go for the coloured artists and films.

So should we only let white people vote?

Back