Movies Are you guys watching the Oscars tonight?

Are you guys watching the Oscars tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Would only watch if Gervais or Shane Gillis was hosting .

yes i did. i’m only being condescending because i think you are a moron.

the sweet irony of posters humiliating themselves in a thread as they post deranged nonsense about... ritualistic humiliation. like, are the Illuminati forcing them to make these posts?

In the real world, the 2024 Oscars ratings were solid but meh. Up from last year but the Academy must have been hoping for a bigger boost from having 2 extremely popular films (Oppenheimer and Barbie) at the forefront of the show.

What these articles fail to account for is that the Oscars are a cable tv show and fewer people have cable now vs. 2023. The pool of potential US cable viewers is probably 3-5% lower vs. this time last year.

The Oscars remain a very popular program within the context of the shrinking US cable ecosystem. This buys the Academy time to figure out how this show works in streaming.

What these articles fail to account for is that the Oscars are a cable tv show and fewer people have cable now vs. 2023. The pool of potential US cable viewers is probably 3-5% lower vs. this time last year.
Oscars where on national ABC which isn't cable. It's whatever your closest ABC affiliate is.

the sweet irony of posters humiliating themselves in a thread as they post deranged nonsense about... ritualistic humiliation. like, are the Illuminati forcing them to make these posts?
poor bastards have been out to lunch for awhile now. hate to see it.

Back