News Ariel Helwani calls Rhonda Rousey the most overrated fighter in mma history

Ok OK! Ronda would have had a tough time with Conor back then,but nowadays Conor? DOCTOR STOOOPAGE

Ronda would as usual not have to see the 2nd rd. Dont Cry.

most of you clowns bought into the hype. you know how i know? because i was one of her detractors in her heyday and most everyone called me a "hater". i laughed at the idea that she'd beat Mayweather and people were like "she'd toss him on his head in 2 secs and armbar him"

her greatness was so prevalent, tons of casuals acted like she'd murder ANY man on earth. so don't talk that shit now about her now that it's easy. you should've seen that shit comin a mile away. but i'm not saying she sucks, it was people like Joe Rogan and the sheep who bought into the hyperbole like Ariel who never had a word to say how ridiculous the hype was getting until now when it's all said and done.

Brock won the belt and defended it twice.

Forrest was actually underrated,as most didnt ever think he'd win the belt,so I dont know wtf ya talkin bout
Maybe a little of both with Forrest, to play devil's advocate. Maybe he isn't overrated but I have him as one of MMA's biggest overacheivers.
As far as Brock guy, he was a beast wrestler but extremely one dimesnional. Paired with the UFC's weak HW division... IDK i think he got too much credit a little too revered. Maybe just salty about the egregious PED abuse against my buy Mark Hunt.

Maybe a little of both with Forrest, to play devil's advocate. Maybe he isn't overrated but I have him as one of MMA's biggest overacheivers.
As far as Brock guy, he was a beast wrestler but extremely one dimesnional. Paired with the UFC's weak HW division... IDK i think he got too much credit a little too revered. Maybe just salty about the egregious PED abuse against my buy Mark Hunt.
Mark Hunt does indeed,Rule.

And verified -

giphy.gif
RHSG sighting

I think it's a fair statement, people wrote Holly off against Rhonda and it wasn't even competitive, Rogan was talking about her having the capabilities to beat 135lb active fighters, her coach was telling everyone she drops world class boxers, aside from Conor, the UFC pushed and promoted her more than any other fighter in history.

I'd consider paying to watch her beat Ariel up.
I mean, I hate her with a burning passion, but she legit only has two losses ever and had the most ? Women's title defenses? Probably not the most overrated lol

Honestly, I think Anthony Pettis is up there. Conor Mcgregor is not far behind.
Pettis was not overrated whatsoever in his prime.
Subbing Benson like that and wrecking Gilbert while capturing the toughest to obtain belt in all of MMA kind of removes him from the conversation. If you were around for his run there's no way you thought that. He was wrecking everyone. He unfortunately just fell off a cliff completely

Pettis was not overrated whatsoever in his prime.
Subbing Benson like that and wrecking Gilbert while capturing the toughest to obtain belt in all of MMA kind of removes him from the conversation. If you were around for his run there's no way you thought that. He was wrecking everyone. He unfortunately just fell off a cliff completely

I think this is a myth. Pettis was always susceptible to pressure wrestlers. He had great wins, above all Bendo and Cerrone. But once his weakness was found it was exploited systematically. People thought he was far better than he really was.

I think this is a myth. Pettis was always susceptible to pressure wrestlers. He had great wins, above all Bendo and Cerrone. But once his weakness was found it was exploited systematically. People thought he was far better than he really was.
He didn't lose to any wrestlers besides guida, which was a hiccup at the time.
He beat Benson twice and Shane roller.
He didn't start showing that weakness until he started his downward spiral. Pettis has a lot of issues now he never had during his run

Reactions: MMA
He didn't lose to any wrestlers besides guida, which was a hiccup at the time.
He beat Benson twice and Shane roller.
He didn't start showing that weakness until he started his downward spiral. Pettis has a lot of issues now he never had during his run

Bendo was never a pressure wrestler, he didn't force the takedown and liked to kickbox a little too much for his own good. Even RDA is more aggressive with the takedown.

Roller is not representative of the standard of competition he would face later. Guida utterly dominated him, showing his vulnerability being taken down.

There was no downward spiral. Pettis was simply never that good. It's that simple.

Bendo was never a pressure wrestler, he didn't force the takedown and liked to kickbox a little too much for his own good. Even RDA is more aggressive with the takedown.

Roller is not representative of the standard of competition he would face later. Guida utterly dominated him, showing his vulnerability being taken down.

There was no downward spiral. Pettis was simply never that good. It's that simple.
I guess Benson, cerrone, Melendez ect were never that good either, considering Pettis whooped all their asses
<YeahOKJen>

its not that she was overratted as much aspeople were stupid and ignant

Reactions: HHJ
In what other sport do chicks get PPV money on the backs of dudes fighting for world titles?

You can hardly apply that logic to the 2nd biggest draw in the history of the sport Ronda Rousey

Reactions: HHJ
When folk were saying once ever in human history and in any sport, then even acknowledging her as a highly successful champion and an exciting grappler is a huge comedown. Definitely the most over-rated.

Back