Arm Wrestling Is Incredibly Entertaining

Insane that Devon stomped Ermes like that. I don't think anyone expected it, but people were saying that his hand especially is the strongest it's ever been and he's healthy.

Yeah, I would have to agree. Beating Denis and Levan plus three straps would probably do it. Honestly, I don’t think a prime John beats a fully healthy, prime (400lb) Levan.
Don't see any other armwrestler in history beating the Levan that Devon pulled. Maybe, and that's a big maybe, Denis on the left hand at his most roided peak.

this thread be dropping names.......... dont know any of them aside from Devon.....

arm wrestling is so cool, you can never expect who will win based on the eye test, unless someone is completely undersized by a large margin.

for some reason, I was a strong arm wrestler when younger, there is no explanation, it just was the case. Pre internet/popularity, friends would go by word of mouth and find opponents based on recommendations. Went up against a jacked pro body builder (posing competitor), and thought I wouldnt have a chance, and then beat him with ease. Took on some fire fighters, and some of the most random people, like the owner of a pool hall had a rep, the owner of the video rental had a rep, it was fun while it lasted. Kind of just faded away as I got older. I'm wondering if these guys do any sort of training to get stronger in this regard, there is definitely some genetic/bone factor involved (do have fairly big bones).

what would make Devon more impressive than John in my mind?

Yeah, I would have to agree. Beating Denis and Levan plus three straps would probably do it. Honestly, I don’t think a prime John beats a fully healthy, prime (400lb) Levan.

No disrespect to Devon, John is out of reach for Devon, and everyone else. Devon joined the World #1 conversation with a Supermatch win over John 15 years ago. Devon was pushing 35 at the time. John joined the #1 conversation as a Teenager 25 years prior to that. He had been unbeaten for over 20 years. He competed for world titles for 40 years.

Don't see any other armwrestler in history beating the Levan that Devon pulled.

Not sure We saw the best Devon that night. That Levan was unsustainable.This was Levan looking far from invincible just 6 months later. What happened in Ermes/Levan makes it hard for me to think that Levan ends up with a winning record over Devon if they meet multiple times over the next few years. This is blood in the water.

Anybody else into arm wrestling? I started watching a few years ago when that video of Devon Larrett pulling down the Mountain was going viral.

Since then, I watch all the big matches if I can.

But one thing that sucks is that there's no record of wins and loses on the internet that is official. It's all word of mouth.
No it isn't. It's a blatant symbol of toxic masculinity.

View attachment 862705
Levan left humanity behind. There is rumors some guys have figured out a BPC 157 protocol to grow their joints beyond what is possible even on high doses of HGH. I tried looking more into it, but no success. If they are it's pretty much an industry secret.

He most likely abused IGF-1/insulin growth factors to get his limbs/hands to grow like that. BPC157 does not cause this.

He's not a healthy person either. He was sucking oxygen during an arm wrestling event. He may be lucky to live to 50.

if you want to follow a progress of an amateur arm wrestler, check out Larry Wheels. He's originally a power lifter/bodybuilder and new to the sport (3+ yrs) but making massive improvement and bringing more eyes to the sport. From being beaten by almost every smaller semi-pro arm wresters at the start to now matching/dominating most of them

this thread be dropping names.......... dont know any of them aside from Devon.....

arm wrestling is so cool, you can never expect who will win based on the eye test, unless someone is completely undersized by a large margin.

for some reason, I was a strong arm wrestler when younger, there is no explanation, it just was the case. Pre internet/popularity, friends would go by word of mouth and find opponents based on recommendations. Went up against a jacked pro body builder (posing competitor), and thought I wouldnt have a chance, and then beat him with ease. Took on some fire fighters, and some of the most random people, like the owner of a pool hall had a rep, the owner of the video rental had a rep, it was fun while it lasted. Kind of just faded away as I got older. I'm wondering if these guys do any sort of training to get stronger in this regard, there is definitely some genetic/bone factor involved (do have fairly big bones).
The sport has evolved since the 80”s and even 90”s ….there’s multitude of teams ,federations , organizations etc etc …with social media around there’s no secrets in arm wrestling training limited to a certain amount and in fact has advanced so much todays guys are stronger and more technical, it’s like when the old time boxers thought slipping punches and countering was a great skill but that’s common boxing now ,common sense .

It’s to long to get into the the training of today you got vast amount of information now , equipment, you can find local practices just about anywhere you live In reasonable distances,back when I started you had to log into a chat room and if lucky get your questions answered, I remember talking to John Breznk ( Over The Top ) briefly around 1999 at thought it was so cool ,now you can just go to live streams or directly to channels on you tube . Lol

Anybody else into arm wrestling? I started watching a few years ago when that video of Devon Larrett pulling down the Mountain was going viral.

Since then, I watch all the big matches if I can.

But one thing that sucks is that there's no record of wins and loses on the internet that is official. It's all word of mouth.
its was entertaining.....until I broke my own arm in 3 places whilst arm-wrestling. 2year recovery, 11 bolts, 7inch steel plate.
Worst injury i've had. My broken femur in a road accident was a piece of cake compared to the arm thing.

Arm-wrestling CAN be dangerous, everyone in the room that day now tells everyone who wants to do it.... not to do it.

its was entertaining.....until I broke my own arm in 3 places whilst arm-wrestling. 2year recovery, 11 bolts, 7inch steel plate.
Worst injury i've had. My broken femur in a road accident was a piece of cake compared to the arm thing.

Arm-wrestling CAN be dangerous, everyone in the room that day now tells everyone who wants to do it.... not to do it.
The first championship I ever entered for a big title was my only second time in a tournament and the first match this big muscle dude got his arm broken and it echoed through entire place where noise easily travels it was like a branch snapping as loud as it could ……that was the first match where my mom asked am I sure I want to do this with other family members looking nervous my response is I want to do it more now………

20 to 1 under dog and I ran through the entire division winning the NY lightweight championship in 1998 .

Sorry that happened to you but in fact arm breaks are very rare and I’ve only seen it twice live in numerous competitions they do happen and usually off the pro tables more bc ppl don’t know what their doing they put themselves in arm break positions but most entering real tournaments ( not including me lol ) get proper training before hand .

GOAT Match

They say Bull Hurley ( Rick Zumwalt ) used to really head butt guys ? Not a lot of footage but I know he lost easily to Brezk in the real tournament,I have seen Rick pin Brzenk early in his career once , Rick Rude ( wwe ) was with him must have been early 80”s ? Those guys looked crazy they were known to start fights in real life . Rude was some type of champion himself but I haven’t found any footage of him .

Cleve Dean was supposed to be casted as the main villain but producers said he was to big no one would buy it that he’d lose to Stallone he twice the size as Rick . Just some useless info here .

GOAT Match

I found a longer version of their qualifying match ,you can see Rick Rude telling Zumwalt to save your energy after he defeated Breznk ,I posted bc it was a crazy match .

Breznk was in 180 class here Hurly was 320,, John would go on to beat Zumwalt after this in the world championship tournament.

No wonder Hurley was such a great villain he really wanted to beat John in real life he really turned it up on Stallone . Lol

Oh they do specific training. There are teams in Kansas city that meet a few times a week and work on technique and very arm wrestling specific exercises. I always thought I was pretty decent, I can beat the vast majority of people in a bar on a given night. But like MMA, there are levels. I tried competing a few times, always got destroyed.

History wasn’t to kind to Jones he also got beat up in MMA he could never make that jump outside of strong man stuff probably hard to cast in films bc of his size and looks he was funny in Boar though I think it was Australian movie ? Should have stuck with pro wrestling.

Oh they do specific training. There are teams in Kansas city that meet a few times a week and work on technique and very arm wrestling specific exercises. I always thought I was pretty decent, I can beat the vast majority of people in a bar on a given night. But like MMA, there are levels. I tried competing a few times, always got destroyed.
Yeah, Arm wrestling is like most other sports. You can be athletic and strong but if you don't have the technique it doesn't matter and technique takes time to develop. So a new armwrestler is going to get destroyed almost every time in the beginning even against smaller guys.

I competed in a few local tournaments and only won like 3 matches total. But you set a table up at a local bar I would have probably destroyed almost everyone that walked into the place any given night. The guys that are dedicated to it and put the time and training in are just on another level. I never really trained specifically for arm wrestling. I trained techniques but not strength specific training for arm wrestling. I lifted weights and wrestled most of my life and grew up doing farm work so I'm naturally strong for a guy my size but the vast majority of guys I ran into at the tournaments I went to were way more dedicated to it than me, but I ran into a few guys I could just overpower. The rest of them could just out class me technique wise or they were just as strong as me but better technique too.

Back