Media Arman Tsarukyan coach and teammate favour Islam to beat Arman at this moment.

Interesting, where did he or arman mention this?
If you can read Russian you can look up interview with Torosyan from June of 2023 at website of sport-express newspaper. He says that he wasn’t able to gave enough time to Arman after fight with Ismagulov and that it’s (fight against Silva) Arman second camp with Sergey Bogdan.

I think it was him or Arman who mentioned that they stopped work together. Like few last fights and training camps Arman was preparing without Torosyan. Some think that's why Torosyan is salty in his interviews and doesn't believe in Tsarukyan.

So you are saying I was right..lol

Interesting, where did he or arman mention this?
Also found out in telegram channel ushatayka which belongs to sport-express journalist post from December of 2022 that Torosyan wasn’t part of Arman camp before Ismagulov fight.
And Russian interview from April of this year calls Torosyan first coach (like, he is an ex-coach).
And people in telegram comments joking that Torosyan saw Tsarukyan in real life long time ago but still get called his coach. And mention that with every interview he says more criticism of Tsarukyan and his training camps.

Some interesting takes from Armans team.

Armans Coach Sergei Torosyan believe Arman doesnt have the skills right now to beat Islam and brings up the Oliveira fights saying there's a clear distinction. Armans teammate and LW great Eduard Vartanyan favours Islam because of 5 round experience.

Another interesting note is that Aslanbek Badev( Big podcaster in russian mma) while analyzing the matchup reveals that Islam was suffering from bad food poisoning in the first fight.

Thoughts bois? Should your coach be saying this out loud even if he believes it?

No, we can't say all 155 are not good enough then say why doesn't Islam fight 155 guys.

Russian fighters and coaches are super blunt and honest, they’ll actually tell you what they genuinely think. They’re the anti-Michael Chandler who just spits out canned phrases and cliches lol.

The issue for his coach wasnt the timeframe for the fights moreso skills. He essentially said Arman's skills is not up to par to beat Islam and said Arman doesn't need the fight.. He said "Arman doesn't need the fight he needs to train right now"

It seemed to be within the context of having the fight in June (which he doesn't need right now) vs. having it in october. Pretty sure he's just saying he needed a long camp for this one, not that arman doesn't need the fight in general.

This is why he's so dangerous

His coaching still know he needs to put in work, and want a 6 month camp

They know what they need to do, and understand Armans not there right now

Well that's kind of what everybody knows is the case, even though Islam has more than his share of haters who won't admit it. Arman probably has the best chance of not getting finished out of anybody at LW, but he also has less of a chance to get a finish himself. Gaethje or Poirier could at least land something big, Arman would likely keep it somewhat competitive everywhere, but not win anywhere.

He said right now.
If your plan is to push a fight back several months hoping to get noticeably better in that time, that's not really a good sign.

He waited so many years for rematch, how will another year get his skills to Islam's level? At this point their skills are both increasing but Islam is in the lead.

Well that's kind of what everybody knows is the case, even though Islam has more than his share of haters who won't admit it. Arman probably has the best chance of not getting finished out of anybody at LW, but he also has less of a chance to get a finish himself. Gaethje or Poirier could at least land something big, Arman would likely keep it somewhat competitive everywhere, but not win anywhere.

If your plan is to push a fight back several months hoping to get noticeably better in that time, that's not really a good sign.

I believe you but we'll see. He could surprise us although I still believe Islam will win.

I mean he's right

What have we've seen out of Arman that would make you go "oh but no he's going to impose his grappling this time"

or "oh look at his striking now he's going to win a striking battle against Islam"

It's nice to hear people surrounding him stating facts, telling him this isn't the Rocky movie, we need to get you ready, no need to take another L, then take 2 years for another shot when he retires, good words

Also found out in telegram channel ushatayka which belongs to sport-express journalist post from December of 2022 that Torosyan wasn’t part of Arman camp before Ismagulov fight.
And Russian interview from April of this year calls Torosyan first coach (like, he is an ex-coach).
And people in telegram comments joking that Torosyan saw Tsarukyan in real life long time ago but still get called his coach. And mention that with every interview he says more criticism of Tsarukyan and his training camps.
Wow interesting, I assume you speak russian? Who is Armans head coach now then? Did he leave lion heart fight club? I know he uses the American top team coach but he only seems to be around for fight week.

Who is his team now?

Could. He knows best but always thought delusion works best for fighters.
Depends on which aspect.
Like it's hard to be an effective 5 round fighter if you and your team make you think you won every round.

Wow interesting, I assume you speak russian? Who is Armans head coach now then? Did he leave lion heart fight club? I know he uses the American top team coach but he only seems to be around for fight week.

Who is his team now?

Parrumpa from ATT is with arman for far longer than fight week. He's arman's head coach at ATT and arman does half his camps there, a ndd even goes there when he doesnt have camp. Like he's at ATT right now with parrumpa while out of camp, for instance.

I'm not sure about his coaching at home though

Parrumpa from ATT is with arman for far longer than fight week. He's arman's head coach at ATT and arman does half his camps there, a ndd even goes there when he doesnt have camp. Like he's at ATT right now with parrumpa while out of camp, for instance.

I'm not sure about his coaching at home though
oh cool didnt know that. What is he doing there right now? preparing for Makhachev? is there any footage? I know Poirier brought him in to prepare for Khabib maybe he did the same for Makhachev?

Who is his team now?
I don't know.
I might be mistaken but I think Tsarukyan lives in US/spends most of his time outside of Russia and Torosyan trains in Russia. I might be mistaken him with other Russian UFC fighters who left Russia like Borschev, Volkov or Kunitskaya.

Back