Article about ESPN+ low PPV numbers

The exclusivity to ESPN+ on ordering PPVs is insane, before you had countless options to order from.

ESPN itself is the most expensive channel in your cable package. Now asking people to pay an additional $5 for ESPN+ just for the option of ordering PPV thru it is too much, especially if it's that buggy.

Not to mention that fighters no longer get PPV points....

“Streaming is the future”. I think I hear dana say that every time he is on tv. Why not wait a couple yrs until it is the future and then make the move?

Just proves that after all these years Max and Dustin are not stars, Israel isnt either despite his win over Silva

I went back to school full-time for my Master's (data science). Between work (IT project manager), school, domestic life, and actual hobbies, I barely have time to pay attention to anything.
grats on your success

They need a must see fight to get people to subscribe. No one but hardcores are going to sign up for Holloway/Porier. This is where they need to throw money at Conor.
Lmao they wouldn't even throw money at Brock who was more likely to come back.

Conor fighting again isn't happening based on them being greedy.

Embarrassing

ESPN+ killed it for me. They're gonna lose money on this espn deal. There's no way this works out better than fox for them. If they were on big espn, ok. I get it. Espn+? Not so much. They belong on network tv, not a paid subscription streaming service.

Hell, if they were gonna do that, they could've just done a ufc streaming service on the ufc app and kept all the money for themselves.
If anyone loses money on the deal it will be the fighters & ESPN. UFC has a guaranteed 500k buyrate from ESPN, which over the course of a calendar year, 12-13 ppvs, is = 6M-6.5M buys! That is better than every year except 2016 where they did 8.3M off the back of 3 Conor cards, UFC 200, & Ronda's return vs Who?nez. Theyll never have a year like that again.

They better get all the fucking bugs worked out before 239. It was embarrassing as fuck to have people over for 236 and I couldn't it through any of the four devices with +.

I was a die hard mma fan. But after the espn+ and dazn bullshiett! I only watch whatever shows they put up on cable. They lost a loyal fan. The group that I had viewing parties with also walked. The only reason that I watched the Canelo versus Jacobs fight was because it was free on my cable service. Fuck dazn.

I went back to school full-time for my Master's (data science). Between work (IT project manager), school, domestic life, and actual hobbies, I barely have time to pay attention to anything.
Weed beer and mma are my hobbies

ESPN itself is the most expensive channel in your cable package. Now asking people to pay an additional $5 for ESPN+ just for the option of ordering PPV thru it is too much, especially if it's that buggy.

Not to mention that fighters no longer get PPV points....
Mine hasn't been buggy for a while

Think they straightened it out

For the UFCs sake I hope they reconcile with Dish and or DirecTV tho

ESPN+ thing was a bad idea. Even the shill employees and announcers couldn't fully hide it when they were talking about the show switching over to.. Wtevr espn+ is.. A way to rip off mma fan?

It's the espn deal. The "deal" should have been "espn."

espn+ is amazing if you are a sports fan

I liked it better when PPV was on Cable. The internet streaming through ESPN, DAZN, etc. freezes, stutters, takes a few then pops back. Then I have to go through hooking up my computer to the TV through an HDMI cable.

Gayer than two boys in bed together.
Damn don't u hate that 1 minute of plugging in ur HDMI cable from ur laptop to ur tv to watch 6 hours of fights. Stupid UFC wasting my damn time...

espn+ is amazing if you are a sports fan
I get a lot of sports. More tgan than enough. I like MLB, ncaa basketball and football, NBA playoffs, red wings in playoffs, and some NFL.. I also like golf and tennis, and have the tennis channel. What the he'll do I need espn+ for besides UFC? Not doing it. There are other sports to watch.

EDIT:I was a huge boxing fan in the 90s as a teen.

“Streaming is the future”. I think I hear dana say that every time he is on tv. Why not wait a couple yrs until it is the future and then make the move?
It is the future.

Too many grandpas on Sherdog (or non-technical goofs) think that their horseshit smartTV connecting to their horseshit router over wifi via their horseshit rented modem to their horseshit internet plan provided by their horseshit ISP will support quality streaming...

I think it's ok for people to drift in and out of the sport. This idea that you are required to be a fan 24/7 is unrealistic. There have been years where I was heavily into MMA and years where I'm not. Sometimes I'm aware of the upcoming talent and other times I have no clue who I'm watching. It's an ebb and flow. This ESPN deal is not great for me, but I can still catch other events outside the UFC. MMA is not always in style, and for some that's enough to leave it behind. Conor was a tremendous phenomena as well, that bubbled and burst. It's natural to feel a sort of directionless apathy after such incredible highs in the casual fanbase. Love or hate him he was a once in a lifetime spectacle.

It is the future.

Too many grandpas on Sherdog (or non-technical goofs) think that their horseshit smartTV connecting to their horseshit router over wifi via their horseshit rented modem to their horseshit internet plan provided by their horseshit ISP will support quality streaming...
Well it ain’t the now. Canelo-Jacobs was a major bust this past wkend too

Back