Artwork tribute to Hawaiian fighters.

Excellente, probably i know 8-9 of them with their names and without any searching .
That guy, 3th on top row it's a solid one for sure !
giphy.gif

Tight

Inoue
Cabbage
Jhun
Max
Browne
BJ
Tavares
Grove
Noons
Doane

Where's Kimo I ask
Yea theres a couple of braddahs missing. A lot of who is in the picture is 2-3 generations of fighters. Like Ray Cooper and Kai Kamaka. Most all of us in that photo is related by blood or through marriage. Ones you missed Harris Sarmiento, Scott Junk, Yancy Medeiros, Stephan Palling, Ray Cooper III. Ray Cooper. Kai Kai Kamaka III, Dan Ige, Punahele Soriano

Last edited:
I always thought it was weird Browne had the tribal tattoos. Isn’t be from like, a Midwestern family that relocated to Hawaii? I always thought that was what his nickname meant.

Yea theres a couple of braddahs missing. A lot of who is in the picture is 2-3 generations of fighters. Like Ray Cooper and Kai Kamaka. Most all of us in that photo is related by blood or through marriage. Ones you missed Harris Sarmiento, Scott Junk, Yancy Medeiros, Stephan Palling, Ray Cooper III. Ray Cooper. Kai Kai Kamaka III, Dan Ige, Punahele Soriano
I remember Sarmiento. Didn't know he was Hawaiian. I remember some of his fights in the IFL. He always seemed to be the underdog. Pulled out some good W's though.

The hardest puncher pound for pound when he was on the US Olympic Team.
Didn't know that bro, thanks for that tidbit.

Though both losing efforts, his fights against Chocolatito and Gallo Estrada are two of my favorites ever. Wouldn't be the instant classics they are without the "Hawaiian Punch".

Gotta be up there with Manny Pacquiao for most KO's over Mexican fighters, killer.

Back