Movies As an actress is Sigourney Weaver overrated, underrated or as advertised?

As an actress is Sigourney Weaver overrated, underrated or as advertised?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think she's underrated. She's only been nominated for an Oscar 3x, has never won.

She's very diverse in her range. Often overlooked as a great actress imo.

When I think of Sigourney Weaver, Aliens and Avatar come to mind. Her performance in aliens should have won her an Oscar. I thought she did great in Avatar too.

I'd say she is as advertised.

I think she's a great actress and doesn't get enough credit. She has a few great films that kind of overshadow the rest of her resume but she has done a ton of great work

I always remember her most for the underrated flick Death and the Maiden. She was amazing in that

Not every day you see a Sigourney Weaver thread.

00daf5b4-7992-4525-b197-168205e1908f_text.gif

Underrated.

That is a name I haven't heard in awhile. I guess the only thing that comes to mind for me is what a unique name Sigourney is. I've tended to enjoy the movies she has been in that I have seen.

I think she's a great actress and doesn't get enough credit. She has a few great films that kind of overshadow the rest of her resume but she has done a ton of great work

I always remember her most for the underrated flick Death and the Maiden. She was amazing in that

I think it is a good advert that whilst horror often tended to get looked down on by arty circles it was actually were a lot of the best female roles ended up being in the 70's and 80's.

Reactions: Zer
She was nominated 3x for an Oscar. She is where she needs to be. She has always gotten decent roles for her age and looks. Her Ripley is considered by many to be the greatest female heroine in action movie history. Her portrayal in Ghostbusters is iconic. She was in one of the biggest movies of all time in Avatar. She also has done some great voice acting. ANd a brave actress, doing nude scenes with no real body to speak of. I like her plenty.

I think her Ripley was GREAT
Never felt the need of her in other things though, and personally was'nt much impressed when i seen her do other roles (Ghostbusters and Avatar being the two i can remember)

Back