Asakura bro's street fights

cookdaddy

OG of OG's
@Brown
Reaction score
I keep hearing about these street fights that the Asakura brothers have been in, and have seen a few clips during the Rizin broadcast, but does anyone know where I can find some full clips of their street fights? Really digging the brothers and their fight style, just can't find enough footage of their older stuff.

I keep hearing about these street fights that the Asakura brothers have been in, and have seen a few clips during the Rizin broadcast, but does anyone know where I can find some full clips of their street fights? Really digging the brothers and their fight style, just can't find enough footage of their older stuff.

The only well known MMA street fighters that had their street fights available for viewing were Kimbo and I think DD5K. Sad more of them aren't out there.

The only well known MMA street fighters that had their street fights available for viewing were Kimbo and I think DD5K. Sad more of them aren't out there.

Don't forget Jorge.

All those street fights are lame, even the most infamous ones [Hickson vs Duarte]...

It kindah made sense back then in the 1980s: technically, it was still Black Belts vs Black Belts, since the events were pretty scarce (crisis in the Vale Tudo scene durin´ the 1970s).

Look like a couple of try-hards.

Roger Huerta was recorded by shitty camera meanwhile he was giving ejucation beating to ex american footbal player which likes to hit ladies -

maybe sucker stomps and more .. but in my opinion well deserved beating after hitting girl...

All those street fights are lame, even the most infamous ones [Hickson vs Duarte]...

It kindah made sense back then in the 1980s: technically, it was still Black Belts vs Black Belts, since the events were pretty scarce (crisis in the Vale Tudo scene durin´ the 1970s).

What about Masakatsu Funaki applying a quick armbar and breaking a Yakuza's arm to bring an end to a brawl between him and Suzuki and the Yakuza? That sounds pretty epic, although Suzuki said Funaki started it by shoving him down the stairs and into the path of a Yakuza, which led to them stomping Suzuki before Funaki broke an arm.

What about Masakatsu Funaki applying a quick armbar and breaking a Yakuza's arm to bring an end to a brawl between him and Suzuki and the Yakuza? That sounds pretty epic, although Suzuki said Funaki started it by shoving him down the stairs and into the path of a Yakuza, which led to them stomping Suzuki before Funaki broke an arm.
Depends...Can you provide any info on that Yakuza´s background?

Depends...Can you provide any info on that Yakuza´s background?
I only know of the incident because Suzuki recounted it a few times. So I don't know anything about the Yakuza involved. All I know is that he said Funaki got him into a mess by shoving him down the stairs for no reason and then got him out of that same mess.

I only know of the incident because Suzuki recounted it a few times. So I don't know anything about the Yakuza involved. All I know is that he said Funaki got him into a mess by shoving him down the stairs for no reason and then got him out of that same mess.
ok, I think only pro fighters or BB should receive any attention here, tbh.

ok, I think only pro fighters or BB should receive any attention here, tbh.
That's not impressive courage to jump in and save your buddy from a beat-down by members of your countries most powerful organized crime syndicate? Also, its evidence of grappling working in a street fight.

That's not impressive courage to jump in and save your buddy from a beat-down by members of your countries most powerful organized crime syndicate? Also, its evidence of grappling working in a street fight.
Was the opponent drunk? Was he payin´attention? etc... you know how it works...

Back