Aspinall is Jones' worst nightmare

I mean Jones is pretty fast, Aspinall won't be able to do what he did against Pavlovich. No way Jones gets subbed or taken down. So either Jones gets the takedown (we don't know Aspinall's TDD) or Jones outstrikes on feet to wear him down or Aspinall gets a KO.

Wasn't it Pavlovich yesterday?
To be fair we still haven't seen that fight and Jon wouldn't bring to Pavlovich what Aspinall did, it'd be a very different fight stylistically
Jones is there to be hit and Pavlovich with his reach and power really hits (even if he sucks now because he lost)

The one thing about Aspinall that makes a Jon fight at least potentially sketchy for him is that Tom's never even seen a 3rd round. The championship rounds with Jon isn't an ideal place to be.

This is a common theme every single time there’s a new fighter on the rise, and Jones has beat the lot.

TBF when was the last time Jones looked good? "Beat" is generous regarding the Santos & Reyes fights & Gane was truly pathetic. As easy as that win was, he looked kinda slow in there.

THANk god you made this thread, ugh, I thought I was the only one.

Wasn't it Pavlovich yesterday?

Tough fight for Jones but I with with Sergei were there things Jones could potentially go after, most obviously Sergei's grappling defence is not very tested but perhaps also the ability to outland him from range.

Aspinall is somewhat unrefined I spose but without any really obvious weaknesses.

A few years ago it was supposed to be Johnny Walker
Jones left LHW to duck Walker but he couldn't fight HW immediately because Ngannou was there
So he waited under the octagon while predenting he is bulking

People ITT acting like Jon is unbeatable just legitimately don’t understand the concept of time.

Jon is coming off a major injury and will be 37 when he fights again.

Tom is 30, in his physical prime, bigger and faster than Jon, and also has a great skill set.

Comparing him to LHWs that Jon beat is silly. Jon went life or death with Reyes. Aspinall is like Reyes x 100.

Jones better do all the proper pico cycling necessary possible to muster up the courage and truly challenge himself before stepping out on the sport prematurely after having wasted a potential 1/3 of his career out on the sidelines horsing around getting caught cheating, legal troubles and just basically stalling for no good reason until retirement.

I sware his career path has been significantly engineered and affected by too many external things like peds, ufc favoritism and the like to consider him as great as the ufc wants me to think of him.

Sign the contract big boy

Back