Aspinall teases Pereira fight?

JoeRowe

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
GCDIRWEXsAAho6Z.jpeg

I have zero interest in this fight. A champ with ZERO defenses, not defending his belt, but fighting an interim champ who will just take him down and tap him like he did Volkov. Even if Pereira wins hes not truly a triple-champ so there goes that storyline. There's no beef & Aspinall has the personality of instant potatoes so it's not even going to sell well. UFC 300 can be just fine without this nonsensical division clogging matchup. By the time Pereira comes back to 205 Ankalaev, Jamahal, & Rakic will be deserving of a title shot. Hell Khalil is 1 good win away. But yeah let's fuck up the division just as it's gaining steam.

If it happens, which is a huge assumption, I guess it is just because jones and stipe won't fight aspinall, and jamahal hill isn't ready to fight Pereira, so you kind of have two fan favorite fighters in aspinal and Pereira just floating around aimlessly at the moment.

I'd rather both of them fight top guys in their divisions, but it's all kind of a mess

Oh, I have plenty of interest in that fight. I'd just MUCH rather have Aspinall vs. Jones and Pereira vs. Hill. I just don't see the point in having Pereira fighting for an interim belt and Aspinall defending an interim belt. Interim belts shouldn't be defended they should be unified. If it can't be unified it's time to strip Jones and just move on. If you make Aspinall vs. Pereira it needs to be for THE HW belt not the interim belt. You can't just let Jones keep squatting on the belt waiting to fight Stipe. I get he's injured but he's still just wanting to fight Stipe when he returns. Fuck that. That's not the fight that anyone wants. Stipe is on the wrong side of 40, hasn't fought in nearly three years and got KTFO last time out. Make Jones commit to fighting Aspinall or strip his ass.

Last edited:
Imagine if Pereira was to win....we have American true champ Bones Jon Jones and Immigrant-American Paper Champ Poatan Pereira, train by American Coach Glover.

Quite a big win for the USA but I wish Canadan media was not put American warrior always against UK #battle brother. But that was topic for war room so I no say anything

If it happens, which is a huge assumption, I guess it is just because jones and stipe won't fight aspinall, and jamahal hill isn't ready to fight Pereira, so you kind of have two fan favorite fighters in aspinal and Pereira just floating around aimlessly at the moment.

I'd rather both of them fight top guys in their divisions, but it's all kind of a mess
If Pereira gets ko'd there's a good chance we go an entire year, or more, without a title defense at 205. I guess they can do an interim title with Hill & Roundtree, as well as an interim-interim title between Ank/Walker & Rakic/Jiri winners.

If Pereira gets ko'd there's a good chance we go an entire year, or more, without a title defense at 205. I guess they can do an interim title with Hill & Roundtree, as well as an interim-interim title between Ank/Walker & Rakic/Jiri winners.

Maybe, but pereira got brutally ko'd by izzy and fought again 3 months later.

It's UFC 300, a tent pole event. Who cares if it makes sense? Their "00" are the ones that are supposed to have shit on them that you wouldn't normally se..oh wait. Well, it's UFC 300, and fights like these are at least supposed to be on a card like that.

It’s a great fight. You have the “ hw champ”
Who’s a 500 fighter after 5 mins and is one of the most complete fighters ever. Against destroyer of worlds.

I’d rather see that than an Alex grasso “ super fight” I’ve been hearing so damn much about.

Imagine if Pereira was to win....we have American true champ Bones Jon Jones and Immigrant-American Paper Champ Poatan Pereira, train by American Coach Glover.

Quite a big win for the USA but I wish Canadan media was not put American warrior always against UK #battle brother. But that was topic for war room so I no say anything
What in the flying fuck is this nonsense?

I’d rather a five round rematch with Jan but I’m quite positive I’m in the minority on this.

Aspinall could rerun the blaydes fight, since he does have a loss to him before he talks about jones and Stipe. There is time before the jones and stipe fight for Aspinal to fight Blaydes, he does not need to fight a LHW with limited wrestling and grappling.

Jones and Stipe was in the making before Aspinall was even a topic of discussion. So he should just wait if he wants to do that, but he is owed nothing.

The sad issue is that Aspinall wants a big money fight and this fight is ridiculous. But he will probably wait for Jones and Stipe and like them, he wants a money fight but he is not a big money fighter.

Aspinal could rerun the blaydes fight, since he does have a loss to him before he talks about jones and Stipe. There is time before the jones and stipe fight for Aspinal to fight Blaydes, he does not need to fight a LHW with limited wrestling and grappling.

Jones and Stipe was in the making before Aspinal was even a topic of discussion. So he should just wait if he wants to do tha, he is owed nothing.

Aspinal wants a big money fight, and it is ridiculous. He can rerun the Blaydes fight, he does not need to wait on Jones and Stipe. But in reality he will probably do that because, like Jones and Stipe , he wants a big money fight. One that I do not think he earned.
Blaydes is booked against Almeida for UFC 299 which is likely a #1 contenders fight.

I'm down for this fight as long as the winner fights HW McGregor to unify belts of all belts.
So after McGregor wins that one do you think he should then move up to Super HeavyWeight and fight Robert “Hardkorowy Koksu” Burneika and if so how do you see that matchup ending up? IMG_0722.jpeg

I bet if Pereira were to win the interim HW belt, Jones all of a sudden would be interested in unifying.

Back