Assuncao lost that fight

W

WresleThis

Holy shit wtf man, Raphael is the Diego Sanchez of Brazilians.

lol I had it 29-28 Marlon but meh...they both looked terrible

I had Moraes by split. Hope he gets a top 10-15 guy next. Maybe octagon jitters.

Rafael won on damage Marlon Alvarez had a bloody nose

I don't know if he lost, but he certainly didn't win.

I had it due Rafael due to more damage in round 1 and 2. And he also had the octagon control!

Wasn't a robbery, could argue either way. But that judge giving 30-27 is a load of shit.

lol I didn't watch it but I bet on Assuncao so I'm happy with the decision.

Moraes outfought assuncao, seemed like he outlanded him 1.5:1 or so. You can argue assuncao did more damage but it's hard to surpass that disparity in strikes. Sherdog unanimously had Moraes rounds 2/3. Then the UFC judges all have different scores lol. Sorta weird eh?

When two guys put up a fight like that, I find it very hard to give a shit who won. Neither guy went for it the whole fight.

It's not a coincidence that every questionable decision in Brazil is in favor of the Brazilian fighter. If I wasn't Brazilian, I'd refuse to fight down there.

It's not the first time Assuncao 'won' a split decision that should've went the other way. Don't be surprised any time this happens.

It's not a coincidence that every questionable decision in Brazil is in favor of the Brazilian fighter. If I wasn't Brazilian, I'd refuse to fight down there.

They're both Brazilian...

Assuncao is pretty lucky whenever he fights in Brazil, though. Same thing happened when he 'beat' TJ.

I learned to appreciate Assuncao gor being one of the best decision fighters ever. He always gets it done when it's close. He makes Bendo look like Mezger.

I had 1 and 3 for Moraes. But the fight sucked. Lots of nut shots and feinting.

Assuncao isn't exactly burning a war path to the title.

lol I had it 29-28 Marlon but meh...they both looked terrible

I also had it 29-28 Moraes. I don't think either fighter looked terrible though. Nobody looks good against Assuncao and Moraes is so powerful it's hard to come in on him. I don't think it was a robbery but I would have went with Marlon. Better fight than people give it credit for. Very strategic and neither really got the advantage, it happens when they are that evenly matched sometimes.

Back