At What Age Will You Hop On The TRT Train?

Why? I don't see a reason not to when you get old

Well, when I'm 65, or whatever, I hope I am not in a situation in life where I have to lift heavy shit all the time. That would suck. As for aesthetic concerns, who cares? At 43 I'm already too old who gives a shit what I look like. That is for insecure kids, or shallow people. No offense to shallow people.

Well, when I'm 65, or whatever, I hope I am not in a situation in life where I have to lift heavy shit all the time. That would suck. As for aesthetic concerns, who cares? At 43 I'm already too old who gives a shit what I look like. That is for insecure kids, or shallow people. No offense to shallow people.

I don't care about looks I care about being able to have an active life style at an old age. Being strong and fit. Not being a frail old man.

I don't care about looks I care about being able to have an active life style at an old age. Being strong and fit. Not being a frail old man.

Be active then. I'll hopefully be the best I can naturally. No drugs required.

What's that stuff cost a month? $350? I've heard of using clomid to raise t-levels...some guys have success with that. At almost 48, I don't feel a need yet, but damn those old farts are jacked.
I plan to wait as late as possible before going on that stuff... if I ever do. Hope everything still works well when I hit 48.

Be active then. I'll hopefully be the best I can naturally. No drugs required.

Well, I'm only 22. Best shape of my life. USMC at least did that for me.

When my body starts to diminish significantly in my 50-60s I'll jump on this stuff.

Stallone recommends all men jump on TRT as soon as your levels start dropping after about 40.

How to you get it though?

I'd definitely be willing to try it starting around age 45 as long as it didn't have any major side effects, like increased rate for heart attack and whatnot.

I think you're looking at this, and on a deeper issue, looking at life wrong. I'm 45 and care very much how I look. And more importantly, if I look good I feel good. It's important to me to look and feel good for my wife (no kids).
Plus I still compete in BJJ at a 'high' level against the younger age groups.

I still get good hard ons, though I definitely wish I got them more.

When/if the time comes I'll look into TRT. But for now I don't feel I need it.

Back to my original statement, odog, just based on the few sentences you wrote, you seem like a prime candidate for TRT. That's not meant as anything negative towards you. Look into it brutha.

I think you're looking at this, and on a deeper issue, looking at life wrong. I'm 45 and care very much how I look. And more importantly, if I look good I feel good. It's important to me to look and feel good for my wife (no kids).
Plus I still compete in BJJ at a 'high' level against the younger age groups.

I still get good hard ons, though I definitely wish I got them more.

When/if the time comes I'll look into TRT. But for now I don't feel I need it.

Back to my original statement, odog, just based on the few sentences you wrote, you seem like a prime candidate for TRT. That's not meant as anything negative towards you. Look into it brutha.

Yeah, no thanks. One of my observations in life is that the more someone cares about their appearance, the less interesting a person they are. It's a general observation, but usually true.

I'll pass. It's expensive and if you ever stop taking it you turn into a useless slug.

Interesting reading the comments here.

I have a circle of people that I work with -- mostly based in SoCal -- that are in their 40s or early 50s and they are all jacked. I don't stick my nose into their business but they mentioned going to an HRT conference in Vegas a couple of years ago so I put 2 and 2 together.

FWIW --- I've been a life-long clean athlete. I've pondered the question of how little TST could make a difference while understanding the lure of "more is better" spiral that I've seen in fmr teammates and competitors. The thing that always has me scratching my head over HRT/TRT is to hear this group of work colleagues talk about age related fatigue and soreness. Sure, my joints feel stiff in the morning and I get tired in the afternoon, but that was true when I was an athlete in my 20s. Trying to balance school and competing against full-time athletes, I was dosing off in class when I was 19. What I'm seeing now is not that different --- just my training intensity and volume is lower now.

Last edited:
I plan to wait as late as possible before going on that stuff... if I ever do. Hope everything still works well when I hit 48.
It helps to have a younger wife....for that part of it. But it's getting harder to build muscle and lose weight...definitely noticed that. I will be like the newb TRT guy....what can I take to build lean mass AND lose weight at the same time? lol

Yeah, no thanks. One of my observations in life is that the more someone cares about their appearance, the less interesting a person they are. It's a general observation, but usually true.

This is a curious observation. My experience is that people who take no interest at all in their appearance are generally "fall behinds" in all aspects of life. I can't think of any highly achieving rounded individuals - whom I know - who don't take interest in how they look. That includes a couple of Nobel Laureates. They may be older but they are both in great physical shape. One of them has an eclectic aspect to the clothing he wears (not weird, just a little quirky), so he clearly cares about his appearance.

Last edited:
I think most of this is diet and lifestyle choices. I saw a study recently where they studied jungle/tribesman. Older men there had none of the problems modern, western society has regarding health and hormone issues.

In the past the low-T commercials talked about being tired all the time, no motivation, no sex drive etc. Now the latest commercial talk about men who lead active lifestyles or have physically demanding jobs.

Makes me think a lot of this low-T stuff is bullshit.

This is a curious observation. My experience is that people who take no interest at all in their appearance are generally "fall behinds" in all aspects of life. I can't think of any highly achieving rounded individuals - whom I know - who don't take interest in how they look. That includes a couple of Nobel Laureates. They maybe older but they are both in great physical shape. One of them has an eclectic aspect to the clothing he wears (not weird, just a little quirky), so he clearly cares about his appearance.

Agreed. I think a certain amount of vanity is normal, too much or too little is abnormal.

This is a curious observation. My experience is that people who take no interest at all in their appearance are generally "fall behinds" in all aspects of life. I can't think of any highly achieving rounded individuals - whom I know - who don't take interest in how they look. That includes a couple of Nobel Laureates. They may be older but they are both in great physical shape. One of them has an eclectic aspect to the clothing he wears (not weird, just a little quirky), so he clearly cares about his appearance.

As with many things in life there are people on opposite sides of the spectrum and the those that are the majority in the middle. It is certainly possible to care too little about one's apperance. No doubt about that. But it is also possible to care way too much about ones appearance. And in my life experience the people that are obsessed about their appearance are not interesting people. Vanity has never been a virtue in my eyes.

Back