Back in the saddle - Goal for another meet May/June

Shadiata

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Back injury about a month or so was def a let down but I took my time rehabbing it and also tested it out skiing for a week out west beginning of Jan. Now back to training...

Been easing in and this week just started a new training cycle based on a 4 day per week Catalyst program. Really looking forward to it. Tonight was first day of week 1.

Yesterday lifted at lower percentages trying to further dial in technique 70-75% lifts here. Also snatched a bit before hand but no videos.

80kg split jerk. Worked up in 10kg jumps and felt solid.

75kg Hang Clean double. Feeling good with my speed and positions.

I missed my shot to qualify for Nationals and probably won't be able to qualify for Pan Am's as it needs to be done at a higher level meet. If they loosen the regs a bit, I will see if I can make it work as I know I can hit the qual total. BW holding on at 80kg

Good to hear you weren't injured and out of it for months. Post up your new PR in May

Thanks...will see how it goes!

Last night was 5x1 build up
Snatch and Clean & Jerk.

Ended up 75kg on snatch (no misses on way up and felt like plenty more there) and 100kg on clean and jerk (no misses no press outs). This would equal my best comp total but a ways off best training total. Overall, happy with this having not pushed for heavies in a month.

Ended session with 3x5 push presses (moderate - like 60-70kg) and 3x5 back squats at 107kg

Back