Bad Night for Rogan(opinion). Will he be joining Hardy at the exit door

I’ve gone 360 on Rogan back to thinking he is an absolute moron.
His comments during the Jan v Adesanya fight were nowhere near as bad as what people have made out though. Up until the midway point of the fourth round the fight was even with Adesanya arguably a shade ahead. Then Jan took over.

Joe had some great ideas. Ideas no one was talking about especially like he did on his podcast. That was years ago now. The joe today is pretty hard to listen to. I can go to Fox News if I want to hear people shit out of their mouth

Rogan is bad at his job, but he's never getting booted from the UFC due to his fame.

His comments during the Jan v Adesanya fight were nowhere near as bad as what people have made out though. Up until the midway point of the fourth round the fight was even with Adesanya arguably a shade ahead. Then Jan took over.

The problem is, Rogan didn't say this. He was constantly ignoring Jan's work and fanboying over Adesanya.

Yes, the fight was roughly even in by the 5th, I thought Jan won 49-46 but obviously 48-47 was feasible. But you saying "Rogan was not as bad as people make him out to be" then proceed to provide a false equivalency is unfair. Rogan was being a big time Izzy homer.

Rogan fits in where Dana falls short. While Dana is a great businessman, MMA fans do not take decisions he makes for the sport seriously.

Rogan's way of commentating appeals to new fans who do not know fully understand what is happening in a fight. It appeals to frat bro types that watch MMA to get drunk and loud. His podcast fans are more likely to tune in as well.

But he gets annoying to the point where I turn the sound off in top fights.

He is living the America dream

Rogan will never be fired, he has that job for as long as he wants.

Rogan is bad at his job, but he's never getting booted from the UFC due to his fame.
This might be 100% true right now.
But anything can change in an instant.

Who would have thought Randy Couture would have become a dirty word when he was two weight champ.

Na Rogan isn't going anywhere unless he wants to.

What would they have to gain by firing such a valuable and recognizable name?

Sherdog and their hate bandwagons.

True and fair complaints:
Rogan has declined bit as a commentator.
He was obviously biased toward Israel as he respects him a bit too much (especially compared to other great fighters)

Positives idiots are ignoring:
He is very intelligent, and no, saying he is an idiot with a laughing emoji sadly wont make you any smarter
He is extremely knowledgeable
Many fighters love him and want on his podcast
Half of you criticizing him are doing it out of pure jealousy, and it shows

He is, at times, so biased it is frustrating. He should work on that. Also, the "HES HURT" at full volume needs to stop, or they need to put him in a soundproof booth so the fighters/judges arent influenced by it.

I still appreciate Rogan, and am glad when I see him commentate.

in his defense, the cruz thing definitely got weird, he was just going on and on with this tangent most people knew nothing about. but i did think it was pretty brazen, especially considering rogan works with the guy on a regular basis. i was just assuming there was some previous beef there - cruz seems like a really abrasive guy in general.

Rogan was leaving until the UFC was sold. Anybody with cash got a piece. Doesn’t take much to realise he now has big $ in the company. He’s going no where.

in his defense, the cruz thing definitely got weird, he was just going on and on with this tangent most people knew nothing about. but i did think it was pretty brazen, especially considering rogan works with the guy on a regular basis. i was just assuming there was some previous beef there - cruz seems like a really abrasive guy in general.
Yes the Cruz incident may be harsh to blame him on as it was an awkward situation and he probably had someone in his ear saying to protect the sponsor and end the interview.

As i said i am a fan of joe rogan in general. i just feel as the UFC becomes a more professional main stream org a Rogan thats half assed at the job might see his days numbered in the booth.

First off, i am not a Rogan hater. I love his podcast and think he is very knowledgeable on most topics,and i appreciate how we calls the woke lefty brigade out on their crap.

But this was a bad bad night of commentary for Joe. Is he now outdated and are his days numbered in the modern UFC.
1. Biased commentary in main event. First 3 rounds were clearly close on the feet. Judges scored to Jan and Jan led on signifcant strikes but listening to Rogan you'd think Adesanya was dominating. Cormier 'this is a close fight on the feet,Jan is doing well' Rogan ' Adesanya is clearly winning' Cormier 'Ok Joe'
Cutting off Dom. 'im sorry this became a political broadcast' Dom ' This is monster energy Joe, its not political' WTF Joe political broadcast.
3. 'Drew Dober is the most underrated fighter in the UFC.' Dober proceeds to get absolutely dominated. No takedowns defended, hardly lands a strike and gives up when choke is barely in.
4. Askarov Bro-Science. When told Askarov is 80% deaf he goes into a 2 minute spiel about how that may increase his other senses. Comes on, this is an elite organisation PPV broadcast and we are getting some 10 year old bro-science narrative. Leave that stuff for your podcast. That sort of talk is z level analysis.
5. And how can i forget when he referenced Jan fighting at 185 in the post fight interview!!!!
I think he might have confused Jan with Kyzysztof Jotko (another Polish fighter

I thought Goldberg would be missed but in reality Anik is clearly 10 times better a commentator and the decision was overdue.
Could it be the same with Rogan. Should he now go ? And if he goes will we realise when he goes that it was long overdue.

Agree with almost everything, but the:
"4. Askarov Bro-Science. When told Askarov is 80% deaf he goes into a 2 minute spiel about how that may increase his other senses. Comes on, this is an elite organisation PPV broadcast and we are getting some 10 year old bro-science narrative. Leave that stuff for your podcast. That sort of talk is z level analysis."

I know some deaf people and they have indeed others senses increased. Its like come blind musician who improve their ears.

Rogan and DC need to get called out for this biased commentary. It is wrong and very irresponsible. They could have easily swayed the judges in that quiet arena. I believe they both need to apologize to Jan for their lack of fairness and objectivity. Both DC and Joe whom I both love were sucking up to Izzy big time. Jan did extremely well striking with Izzy and held his own. Caught Izzy with so many powerful jabs and also Jan was checking most of Israel’s kicks. This was also ignored. Totally disrespectful.

Reactions: MGS
Wait, Dan Hardy got the Axe? Really
How did I miss this
lol
Was it for yelling at the Ref?

Even Anik has the decency to call them out. Respect.

Izzy threw faints and Joe and DC were going crazy saying that Jan was eating the faints. Wtf??? No damage. Then Jan cracks Izzy trying to backpeddle and Anik says that Jan got him that time and Joe and DC both ignored it. Really wtf.

Even Anik has the decency to call them out. Respect.

Izzy threw faints and Joe and DC were going crazy saying that Jan was eating the faints. Wtf??? No damage. Then Jan cracks Izzy trying to backpeddle and Anik says that Jan got him that time and Joe and DC both ignored it. Really wtf.
Yeah i noticed that, props to Anik for this.

He is too comfortable. Basically, he feels like he can say whatever dumb shit he wants, because there is no consequence, and no one keeps him in check. Whenever you have someone do a job, and there's no accountability and no performance review or something, you end up with this sloppy shit, where they used to be good, but over time started slipping and no one called them out on it. Now he's used to doing a sloppy lazy job, just saying what he wants, because no one ever did anything about it. He has money, so he doesn't care about keeping his job either. He's said it himself many times on his podcast, he has fuck you money and he can do what he wants. Not a good attitude for doing a good job of anything imo. He's basically like Conor after he got rich, a half assed bum version of himself.

Back