Bag glove recommendations

Can't go wrong with well known brands. I have noticed there seems to be a difference in quality between everlast in the states and everlast abroad.

Everlast in the states is superior to everlast you'll get in Europe.

Really interested in a pair of TopBoxer Aliens for bag work.
I already have 18oz Win1s for sparring.

Should I get the Aliens in 16oz even though they won’t be for sparring?
Or go for 12oz or 14oz?

Or go for 12oz or 14oz?

I personally like doing bagwork in fight-weight gloves. I'm an amateur middleweight, so that means I use 12oz on the bags and mitts.

I personally like doing bagwork in fight-weight gloves. I'm an amateur middleweight, so that means I use 12oz on the bags and mitts.

Thanks, sounds like I’ll get a set of 12s. Currently I’m right over 200lbs but fight weight for me should be around 175-180.

Thanks, sounds like I’ll get a set of 12s. Currently I’m right over 200lbs but fight weight for me should be around 175-180.

In amateur boxing, every division from welterweight (69kg) upwards uses 12oz.

Many big guys who can punch really hard like to use heavier gloves for bagwork to protect their hands.

I'm not a big guy and I prefer the feel of lighter gloves (speed, precision, etc).

Rival makes a variety of bag only gloves, take your pick, I've heard good things about their new Impulse line which might be my next purchase. I have a pair of their RB2 Superbag gloves from 3 years ago, they are still holding up nicely, you can literally go insane mode with them once the break in, super protective.

https://rivalboxing.us/collections/gloves-bag-gloves

Or go for 12oz or 14oz?

I would go with 12oz for bag gloves, let those hands go and it will let you get superior form as well.

I have a pair of Fairtex BGV9’s listed on eBay now if anyone is interested. They are 16 oz and only have light use. Starting bid is $30 with a Buy It Now price of $60 plus shipping. But if anyone on here is interested, just message me and I’ll give you $15 off the Buy It Now price....making them $45 plus shipping. They are eBay item # 233365908387.

Back