Bakers Dozen MUSIC Game

13 Favourite Songs With Accomplished Female Musicians (instrument)

1. Bobbi Humphrey - Harlem River Drive (Flute)
2. Joni Mitchell - Black Crow (Electric Guitar)
3. Dorothy Ashby - Afro Harping (Harp)
4. Tori Amos - Cornflake Girl (Piano)
5. Vanessa Mae - Night Flight (Violin) (Guitar/Vocals)
6. Sheila E. ‎– A Love Bizarre (drums)
7. Heart- Barracuda (Nancy Wilson Guitar)
8. iwrestledabearonce - “Tastes Like Kevin Bacon” (Krysta Cameron, vocals)
9. Marnie Stern - Vibrational Match (Guitar/Vocals)
10. Alison Krauss - Will You Be Leaving? (Fiddle & Vox)
11. The Frozen Autumn - Sidereal Solitude (Froxeanne, synthesizer & vocals)
12. Stolen Babies - Push Button (Dominique Persi, vocals and accordion)
13. Alice Coltrane - Turiya & Ramakrishna (Piano, from the album Ptah The El Daoud, which kills me every time I hear it, it's so beautiful)

Keeping with the ladies

13 albums with female (lead) vocals & instruments that simply blow you away

1. Odetta - One Grain Of Sand (possibly my favorite blues/folk albums regardless of gender)

1. Odetta - One Grain Of Sand (possibly my favorite blues/folk albums regardless of gender)

2. The Breeders - Last Splash(played it to death)

3. Diane Schuur - Diane Schuur And The Count Basie Orchestra (fat, blind, white lady, voice like a fucking diamond cutter and plays the piano like a fiend. On this album she with the Count Basie big band (ikr!), so much swing. LOVE it.

3. Diane Schuur - Diane Schuur And The Count Basie Orchestra (fat, blind, white lady, voice like a fucking diamond cutter and plays the piano like a fiend. On this album she with the Count Basie big band (ikr!), so much swing. LOVE it.
4. Nina Simone - Little Girl Blue

That's great, I'm gonna do some digging

5. Tristesse De La Lune - A Heart Whose Love Is Innocent

One of my all-time favorite albums featuring one of my all-time favorite songs. It's a damn shame this is the only album they ever released :(

Keeping with the ladies

The first time I ever heard of her was on an episode of "Have Gun, Will Travel." The opening credits rolled and it said "Special guest star... Odetta." Of course I'm like "Who in the Blue Fudge is Odetta?!?!" She was singing to her mule on her way to a logging camp to see her husband and it was like hearing Angels.... :eek:

6. Koko Taylor - Wang Dang Doodle (The guitar in that one is almost sinful)

7. Joni Mitchell - Clouds

8. Emmylou Harris - Pieces of the Sky

9. Alicia Keys - The Diary Of... (i like RnB, though usually not this particular kind, but the album was given to me by a friend when it came out and since then it became kind of a guilty pleasure by way of it being like the musical version of chick lit or rom coms and i wouldn't be caught dead listening to it :D but the album is great, everything is so smooth and pleasant and the tender twinkling of piano carries me along into daydream state. No can defend.

2. The Breeders - Last Splash (played it to death)
9. Alicia Keys - The Diary Of...
10. Sleater-Kinney - The Woods (I linked my favorite song on the album)

11. Kate Bush - The Dreaming

12. Aimee Mann - Bachelor No. 2 or, the Last Remains of the Dodo

12. Aimee Mann - Bachelor No. 2 or, the Last Remains of the Dodo[/QUOTE]
13. Sade - Soldier of Love (she's known for her pop hits like Smooth Operator. I love her recent stuff too like this song where she sounds world-weary and wise. Her straight forward vocals melt me).

New Bakers Dozen

13 regional bands who had a breakaway hit

1. Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels - Devil With A Blue Dress. These Michigan stalwarts broke through nationally with that song and still kept touring and cranking out hard hitting song after song. Ryder later formed Detroit and did one of the best Velvets covers ever, their version of Rock N Roll.

1. Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels - Devil With A Blue Dress. These Michigan stalwarts broke through nationally with that song and still kept touring and cranking out hard hitting song after song. Ryder later formed Detroit and did one of the best Velvets covers ever, their version of Rock N Roll.
2. Chas & Dave - Snooker Loopy!! Dudes were a local cockney pub duo til they broke the charts with 'Rabbit' and then in 1986 reached number 6 on the UK pop charts with 'Snooker Loopy'. They went from sitting around a piano in a London pub to touring the world and playing Glastonbury among other places.

Last edited:

2. Chas & Dave - Snooker Loopy!! Dudes were a local cockney pub duo til they broke the charts with 'Rabbit' and then in 1986 reached number 6 on the UK pop charts with 'Snooker Loop'. They went from sitting around a piano in a London pub to touring the world and playing Glastonbury among other places.
3. Chas & Dave - Ain't No Pleasing You - Cockney Duo who reached #2 in 1982 @HughPhug ;)

2. Chas & Dave - Snooker Loopy!! Dudes were a local cockney pub duo til they broke the charts with 'Rabbit' and then in 1986 reached number 6 on the UK pop charts with 'Snooker Loop'. They went from sitting around a piano in a London pub to touring the world and playing Glastonbury among other places.
3. Chas & Dave - Ain't No Pleasing You - Cockney Duo who reached #2 in 1982 @HughPhug ;)
Spurs-ToTP-1982.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back