Bakers Dozen MUSIC Game

13 bands or artists you discovered after they’d disbanded/retired/died

1. Cardiacs - I was aware of them and their minor 80’ hit “Is This The Life”, but I finally got round to listening to their back catalogue and digging them 30 years after their prime, and 10 years after they dissolved following main man Tim Smith’s stroke and subsequent dehabilitating illness
2. Lifelover - The group disbanded after the death of one of the founding members in 2011. I discovered them around 2014 when a friend showed me their debut album and they quickly became one of my favorite bands, so I was particularly disappointed when I found out that they were defunct.
3. Led Zepplin (one of 100s of possible picks).
4. The Doors - by the time me and my friends were ready to go through a teeniebobber psychedelic whoa-man slash grungey bluesy yeah-man type of mixed phase, Jim was long dead. This only made him more mystic and sexy to us, and the music that more poignant, with its air of tragedy, high drama and weirdly ecstatic catharsis.
5. The Doors - I have to choose them as well, the majority of my musical influences other than hip hop, were all long past their prime when I got to them. The Doors however are possibly the most important musical influence & possibly the most kin to my spirit I have ever found.
6. Temple of the dog - learned about it only after Cornell died.
7. Mayfield Four- learned about them after discovering Myles Kennedy with Slash and Alter Bridge
8. Tupac Shakur - " Life´s a test, mistakes are lessons, but the gift of life is knowing that you have made a difference."
9. Bauhaus - Had already broken up by the time I got into them. Three of the members went on to form Love and Rockets who I did get to see live.
10. J. S. Bach
11. Robert Johnson - Got into the blues via rock & roll and found his enigmatic music captivating.
12. Joy Division - Ian Curtis had been dead for close to 15 years before I got into them. Still have never seen New Order live (I’m a big New Order fan as well), or Peter Hook and the Light. I really need to make an effort to do that.
13. Blaze Foley - Shot to death in 1989, the shooter got off with self-defense. (I put him in WAYLT? a few days ago)

13 songs one of your parents loved.

1. Castles in the air – Bob Mclean

Last edited:

1. Bob Mclean - Castles in the air
2. Barry Manilow - Copacabana

3. John Lennon - Instant Karma!

4. Il Divo - L'alba Del Mondo

5. Bruce Springsteen - I'm On Fire

6. Harry Belafonte - Matilda

7. Alabama - Why Lady Why

8. John Lee Hooker - Dimples

9. Air Supply - Lost In Love

I was going to choose them as well. It was so frustrating, because Peter Murphy was making good music and performing live, and Love and Rockets were making fantastic stuff and performing live—they just wouldn’t perform together. Did you get ever see Bauhaus? I saw them finally in 1998, and it was one of the best/most perfect shows I ever saw. They were just absolutely stunning. I was prepared to be let down, because I had built them up in my mind so much, but they delivered.
No. Unfortunately I never got to see the Bauhaus. And they were a huge band to me. I had all their albums on vinyl along with several 12" releases. I had a couple of vhs tapes of some concerts. I know they're touring again this year and I really hope I can go to a show.

I did get to see Peter Hook and the Light a couple of years ago in Chicago. Highly recommend if you get a chance.

10. Meat Loaf - Paradise By The Dashboard Lights

11. Van Morrison - Madame George

12. Rolling Stones - Satisfaction

12. Rolling Stones - Satisfaction
13. Julio Iglesias - Me Olvidé De Vivir

13 songs, bands or artists that were influenced upon you by others.

1. Bee Gees - My sister is 6 years older than me and she allways loved Bee Gees, she had all their albums, and when we were little and had to share our stereo she would play them over and over again, and i came to love them because of her.

1. Bee Gees - My sister is 6 years older than me and she allways loved Bee Gees, she had all their albums, and when we were little and had to share our stereo she would play them over and over again, and i came to love them because of her.
2. Acid Bath - My best friend's brother introduced us to them.

3. The Eagles - Parents finally got me to like them, took over 30 years, but they are one of my favorite classic rock groups now.

New 13 songs, bands or artists that were influenced upon you by others.

3. The Eagles - Parents finally got me to like them, took over 30 years, but they are one of my favorite classic rock groups now.
4. Gong - used to take lots of acid, mate said these are trippy, so we listened to them

4. Gong - used to take lots of acid, mate said these are trippy, so we listened to them
5. Jesus and Mary Chain - had a friend whose sister was in college. She came home one weekend with Psychocandy and I've been a fan ever since.

5. Jesus and Mary Chain - had a friend whose sister was in college. She came home one weekend with Psychocandy and I've been a fan ever since.
6. The Beach Boys - My dad played them constantly when I was a kid, so I’ve liked them ever since

Back