Multiplatform BALDUR'S GATE III

7 nominations for the Gaming Academy Awards.

7 nominations for the Gaming Academy Awards.

I thought the Dice awards already happened. Could have swore I saw Starfield post how they won RPG of the year but maybe it was just nomination.

Man.... I'm really bummed about the ending I got due to my decisions. Played the "Dark Urge" origin story for a first playthrough (first mistake) and switched around between playing the devil himself and fighting against the Absolute. The result was a lackluster 5 minuted ending which leaves you with an empty void after putting 4 days of playtime into the playthrough.

What's even more surprising is that although the ending of act 3 feels really rushed it takes away nothing from the grandiose journey before that. I will probably finish another game off my backlog before that and then jump into another adventure this time playing a righteous paladin.

Finally finished it.

All in all, I thought the climax was excellent. But I gotta admit I'm a but let down by the ending itself. I guess I expected to see more info about how all the decisions I made affected the people and places I had been through. Felt sorta like you heard about what your party mates did, but not much else. Not bad exactly, but I just expected more I suppose.

Reactions: hsz
God I fucking love this game. I’m about 30 hours in and I have to force myself to push through to the next mission because I just want to explore everything and talk to the companions.

Are the Divinity games close to this good? The fucking nailed the D&D license.

God I fucking love this game. I’m about 30 hours in and I have to force myself to push through to the next mission because I just want to explore everything and talk to the companions.

Just my opinion, but I think BG 3 is superior, but a lot of that has to do with my familiarity with it, I'm sure. The story and characters of divinity didn't really grab me me like this did. But the big overlap that both games have is the spell/item/environment interactivity.

Got a question for those who've played both Original Sin 2 & Baldur's Gate 3 - Larian's last two games.

I played OS2 on a PS4 and it was my first CRPG and didn't 'get it' but I've grown to love CRPG/Tactical games with X-Com2, Wasteland 3, and Gears Tactics.

I'm going to be picking up the physical release of BG3 for XBox Series X but I'm somewhat questioning if I'm going to 'get it' immediately, or if its going to have to play many hours to 'get it,' or if like OS2 I'm going to have to play the entire game and still never 'get it.'

So, I'm wondering if anyone here that has played OS2 and BG3 may know what I mean with OS2 and could give their input about BG3.
The divinity games have a very.. let’s say unique character development and leveling system. BG3 uses D&D 5th edition which is pretty straight forward and easy to learn. It will take some reading and you might need to do some googling, but it’s nowhere near as esoteric as Divinity

They’re great games, yes. BG3 is definitely they’re best but OS2 is a 9/10

I really liked the first OS game as well but I honestly don’t remember it that well anymore. It’s like a decade old now

Lady Janneth’s estate is a buggy, broken nightmare. How hasn’t this been fixed yet?

Embarrassing.

Holy fucking shit, so I go to free hostages and run into more buggy bullshit. Characters standing around, being netted through walls, and my favorite.. my character's turns are just straight up skipped.

How long has this game been out? Why are these bugs still there? Act 3 is awful.

Not to mention. Every. single. time. I try to use my bag I have to sort it otherwise random things cannot be found. Like every. single. fucking. time. I could sort and get an item, close, reopen, and have to sort again. It's never sorted properly. This game is so damn frustrating.

Last edited:
Pretty bleh first hour or so. I died before I even met any enemies and now I find my sweet little gnome is some mass murderer?!

Not liking the UI, needs a dumass mode.

I’m on my third playthrough in act 3 again. I’m doing the investigation into the murders by the Bhaal cult and I accidentally killed the one npc you’re supposed to save in the elf song tavern . Not the flying elephant but the other officer . Lol my last load was from like 5hrs before . Officer stayed dead but I got the bag of hands from the red dwarf killer lol.
I’m now headed down to do the Bhaal trial of murder . This should be fun.

Having a drow sorceror evil playthrough. Playing evil just isn't as fulfilling as playing good character. So many things are unavailable to you because of deaths or dislike, etc. So far the only cool thing I've seen from an evil playthrough is shadowhearts dark justicar powers. But even then, I'm not using her this playthrough.

Last edited:
Its mid-February and nothing has been announced regarding the XBox & PS5 physical release.

So I suppose the released different... kisses.. for the characters but that bugged haunted house? Bugged inventory having to be sorted every damn time you open it?

It's still bugged all to shit. Glad gameplay takes a backseat to cosmetic shit.

First hours were pretty bleh and hard to get in to but glad I stuck around, just entered some underground area after massacring goblins and I am really liking it.

First hours were pretty bleh and hard to get in to but glad I stuck around, just entered some underground area after massacring goblins and I am really liking it.
I’m thinking you’re in the Under Dark?? Lots of myconids ( mushroom people) around, gotta kill Nere?

Back