Barboza vs Ige

theTKDguy

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Wanna hear your thoughts on this one guys. I'm liking edson, probably by tko.

Last edited:
Wanna hear your thoughts on this one guys. I'm liking edson, probably by tko.
I'm interested to see if Barboza's chin will hold up after the weight cut. Ige hits hard, pressures, and has a good sub game but if he fights Edson at kicking range, then he's in for a rude awakening.

I feel like Ige is a bad match up for barboza without a massive weight cut. He’ll be up in Edson’s grill from the opening bell if he’s smart and he could finish him too in that case

got Ige here, he has making improvements every fight. If he puts the pressure he gets the upset.

Tough to judge a fighter making such a big cut for the first time. I think a 100% Barboza beats Ige soundly. But Ige aint no joke and has improved a lot in his past couple fights.

I feel like Ige is a bad match up for barboza without a massive weight cut. He’ll be up in Edson’s grill from the opening bell if he’s smart and he could finish him too in that case

I feel like a healthy DC is a bad matchup for Stipe.

I worry about Barboza's chin given the excess weight cut and the fact that he was knocked out cold a year ago. Ige's striking looked crispy when he fought Bektic.

Still don't know how fucking Gadelha/Hill is the co-main in favor of this

Barboza by TKO rd 2 or Ige by split decision

I worry about Barboza's chin given the excess weight cut and the fact that he was knocked out cold a year ago. Ige's striking looked crispy when he fought Bektic.

Still don't know how fucking Gadelha/Hill is the co-main in favor of this

Equality.

I think most posters here are assuming Barboza's weight cut was a poor one.

I think hes fought long enough to know how to do things right.

He will have a significant size advantage here. Hes always been dangerous and at 145 he could be a complete monster.

Barboza all day baby, he's one of my all time favorites win or lose. Plus he's looking really good post-weightcut

Back