Bare Knuckle FC 6 Malignaggi vs Lobov

null

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
l6fQvYl.jpg

Paullie -190 here. So help me if this gets to a pick em on fight night (opened -350 here)

Who ya got Jim? Regardless of odds.

Paullie -190 here. So help me if this gets to a pick em on fight night (opened -350 here)
Paulies been bouncing between -227 and -450 on UK books for a few weeks now. Opened -188 on one now but I'd be surprised if we saw better than that.

My book has removed the odds for this now. Spewing as the 1.53 available should be a gift of a price

It's only five days away and they've been real quiet about what kind of glove of whatever fashion the Florida boxing commission is supposedly going to make them wear at this event. If it's anything more than a glorified hand wrap I am going to be disappointed.

There is a greedy little devil whispering to me to put a couple units on Paulie, but so far I've kept him at bay. It just seems damn near impossible to have a confident read on how this is going to play out. The skill gap in boxing should be quite large, but then:

–Paulie is almost 40 (and his speed has been one of his major assets).
–Paulie hasn't fought in over two years, and hasn't faced world class opposition since Danny Garcia in 2015 (I'm not calling Artem world class–just to be clear, haha).
–Artem has gone one BK fight, for Paulie it is a first.
–The clinch could pose a serious problem for Paulie.
–Paulie's hands have seemed brittle in the past.
–The smaller ring should help Artem turn the fight into a less technical brawl (also, the ropes look quite stiff)
–What ever the true story of that sparring session is, it seems unquestionable that Conor at the very least was able to hang with Paulie sparring with boxing gloves. Paulie should be in better shape and Artem is not as good of a boxer; but he is a warrior–so where does that leave us when the gloves come off?

I just don't know...

Last edited:
Artem has real chance to win but I want big + odds otherwise just enjoy the show.

It's incredible to me people are talking like Paullie wasn't a legitimate boxer and Artem isn't a meme. He's got more losses than wins in his own sport now he's going to boxing (albeit bare knuckles). He went hell for leather with Jason Knight a few months back

Paulie has a bad right hand, sure. Does he even need it? Probably not

It's incredible to me people are talking like Paullie wasn't a legitimate boxer and Artem isn't a meme. He's got more losses than wins in his own sport now he's going to boxing (albeit bare knuckles). He went hell for leather with Jason Knight a few months back

Paulie has a bad right hand, sure. Does he even need it? Probably not
It sounds like you are saying that Artem has little or no chance to win this fight against a former legit world champion boxer. You are in good company, a lot of people also think that based on what I read on forums and elsewhere. So how much are you betting on Paulie? I have the feeling that a lot of people posting that one of these guys has slim to no chance and slim chance just left town- but won't put a nickel on it anyway.

It sounds like you are saying that Artem has little or no chance to win this fight against a former legit world champion boxer. You are in good company, a lot of people also think that based on what I read on forums and elsewhere. So how much are you betting on Paulie? I have the feeling that a lot of people posting that one of these guys has slim to no chance and slim chance just left town- but won't put a nickel on it anyway.
Are you playing it Jim?

Are you playing it Jim?
I'm tempted to bet Artem as a sizable underdog close to +200 if it ends up there. Odds have been piecemeal and low limits so far, let's see what books offer odds for this in the next few days.

Odds were 1.53 for me yesterday but have since been taken down. My 2U bet stands for now but suspect it will be void

If it were normal boxing rules/gloves it'd be my biggest bet since Floyd but bare knuckle gives me some concern but really, should be straight forward for PM

I'm tempted to bet Artem as a sizable underdog close to +200 if it ends up there. Odds have been piecemeal and low limits so far, let's see what books offer odds for this in the next few days.
Why do you like Artem here?

Why do you like Artem here?
Well, first I need to see what the glove situation is. If it's a substantial glove, I give Artem much less chance. If just a glorified hand wrap with the knuckles exposed, Paulie could like like the 38 year old retired boxer that he is who has never gotten punched in the face with a bare fist in a prize fight as Artem wades forward punching and grabbing him with a one handed clinch. I'm sure Artem knows what he is in for with this bout, not sure Paulie does. It's a weird fight to bet on in any case. Paulie might make Artem look stupid in the end with his superior skill. Dog or pass for sure.

Well, first I need to see what the glove situation is. If it's a substantial glove, I give Artem much less chance. If just a glorified hand wrap with the knuckles exposed, Paulie could like like the 38 year old retired boxer that he is who has never gotten punched in the face with a bare fist in a prize fight as Artem wades forward punching and grabbing him with a one handed clinch. I'm sure Artem knows what he is in for with this bout, not sure Paulie does. It's a weird fight to bet on in any case. Paulie might make Artem look stupid in the end with his superior skill. Dog or pass for sure.
Not at -1XX. Have to bet the actual boxer with actual boxing skills at that price (if it holds) IMO

wow Malignaggi 1.53 on betfair, I thought will be something like 1.2, surely gonna drop later?

Back