BBC: The Yeti Might Exist

The negative against it for me beyond the lack of really hard evidence is it simply does not seem like the kind of environment were a great ape would be well suited, cold scrubby grassland were large creatures either survive by grazing it(which apes don't have the digestion for) or hunting(which apes are unlikely to be able to do).

I spose you could be talking about something which lives more in the mid range cloud forrests rather than normally in the very high himlaya, that would also make it a lot harder to spot.

Something like the Snow Leopard though, a very secretive animal that has better ability to avoid humans than any ape is still well documented.

It's funny how no one knows that giants actually existed

Larger than average sized humans existed in NA, probably along with all of the megafauna. The Smithsonian covers it up for whatever reason. Even Abraham Lincoln mentioned em.

But still there is more. It calls up the indefinite past. When Columbus first sought this continent---when Christ suffered on the cross---when Moses led Israel through the Red-Sea---nay, even, when Adam first came from the hand of his Maker---then as now, Niagara was roaring here. The eyes of that species of extinct giants, whose bones fill the mounds of America, have gazed on Niagara, asPage 11 ours do now. Co[n]temporary with the whole race of men, and older than the first man, Niagara is strong, and fresh to-day as ten thousand years ago. The Mammoth and Mastadon---now so long dead, that fragments of their monstrous bones, alone testify, that they ever lived, have gazed on Niagara. In that long---long time, never still for a single moment. Never dried, never froze, never slept, never rested,
Their burial mounds can still be found in various parts of the US.

im leaning on the side of not due to the food that a creature like that would need to eat and it not being supported in the area.
maybe back in the day there was but I find it hard to think there would be these days
Same issue with big foot
Plus, breeding etc - would htere be food sources enough to allow breeding and population growth?

Maybe something did long ago but yeah

id fucking love it though, I love big foot and yeti and primates and gorillas and shit

There is no issue with food sources as far as the US is concerned. The fact that black bear populations are growing everywhere is a testament to that. There's plenty of food to support the existence of the Sasquatch.

Last edited:
The negative against it for me beyond the lack of really hard evidence is it simply does not seem like the kind of environment were a great ape would be well suited, cold scrubby grassland were large creatures either survive by grazing it(which apes don't have the digestion for) or hunting(which apes are unlikely to be able to do).

I spose you could be talking about something which lives more in the mid range cloud forrests rather than normally in the very high himlaya, that would also make it a lot harder to spot.

Something like the Snow Leopard though, a very secretive animal that has better ability to avoid humans than any ape is still well documented.

I don't know much about the Yeti, but the Sasquatch of NA make excellent hunters/foragers (have been seen taking turkey and wild hogs, among other wildlife.) and are omnivorous.

The Sasquatch remaining officially uncategorized is not a matter of it being secretive in any other way other than being kept secret by government. People know about the animal all over the US, as many have had them on their property. You should see what it looks like when a territorial male tries to establish itself a territory somewhere on someone's land. Hard to miss their sign.

Last edited:

Take it or leave it, but there is evidence. This Oxford University Professor thinks some of the hair samples match an extinct Polar Bear. Not an ape, but possibly an unknown species nonetheless.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-24564487

Bipedal apes exist on multiple continents. They vary in size with their terrain/region. In the states, for example, the southern ones are smaller, with the ones in the PNW having a larger average reported size.

Multiple agencies are aware of them (ie the DOI), but it's going to remain kept a secret, and the populace kept in the dark. They'll keep it a stigmatized area of research to deter people, which works rather well as it stands now.

Might even be better for the creature if it's kept this way. The moment its acknowledged it's going to create a complete shitstorm that is hard to say how much will impact society.

They're definitely out there though, so just keep that it mind.

why in the hell would the government exhaust its resources trying to keep a fucking primate secret

funny how when I go to the zoo and see a monkey I take out my phone and snap a photo of it without having a seizure

Impossible i killed the last of its kind on Red Dead.

why in the hell would the government exhaust its resources trying to keep a fucking primate secret

You can't think of anything, really?

How about money? Disruption of multiple industries including real estate, the parks and services, logging/forestry, environmental protection, etc..

Take a moment and ponder the effects of making it known. I honestly don't think this should even be confusing, no offense.

One major issue alone would be dealing with poachers. New laws would have to be instituted and resources devoted to their enforcement, instead of a few small factions alloted to quietly handle proplematic ones (we have kill squads for troublesome ones btw).

Also, everyone who's ever lost a family member in a national forest will come out of the woodwork demanding answers from the government as to why they weren't warned of their existence, and that's just a tangential issue associated with revealing their existence to the unsuspecting populace.

It's not really hard to believe that they'd hide it, whatsoever.

funny how when I go to the zoo and see a monkey I take out my phone and snap a photo of it without having a seizure

Funny how you think you're making a point.

It's because you're at the zoo looking at a moneky. Smh.

You can't think of anything, really?

How about money? Disruption of multiple industries including real estate, the parks and services, logging/forestry, environmental protection, etc..

Take a moment and ponder the effects of making it known. I honestly don't think this should even be confusing, no offense.

One major issue alone would be dealing with poachers. New laws would have to be instituted and resources devoted to their enforcement, instead of a few small factions alloted to quietly handle proplematic ones (we have kill squads for troublesome ones btw).

Also, everyone who's ever lost a family member in a national forest will come out of the woodwork demanding answers from the government as to why they weren't warned of their existence, and that's just a tangential issue associated with revealing their existence to the unsuspecting populace.

It's not really hard to believe that they'd hide it, whatsoever.
if it was found to be real it would just be disclosed and normalized like any other animal. Same thing if Dinos were still around, they'd just be normal parts of life and it wouldn't be earth shattering.

if it was found to be real it would just be disclosed and normalized like any other animal. Same thing if Dinos were still around, they'd just be normal parts of life and it wouldn't be earth shattering.

You're very wrong.

I am rubber you are glue

At the end of the day, I'm not really trying to convince anyone of this, anymore than I am that the earth is a sphere. They exist, and that's that. Don't wanna know about it? Fine. Be on the outside.

To some degree I don't even care if people want to stay kept in the dark, and often am happy to see it remain that way when it's clear that that's what they desire.

Back