Beer: bottles or cans?

BEATDOWNS

Power Slap OG
@plutonium
Reaction score
I have primarily always drank out of cans but always get super sick and someone close to me said i need to switch to bottles because it's the cans making me sick something in the liner, anyone heard of this? anywhoo i gave it a try this weekend and didn't feel nearly as bad in the morning.
<{titihmm}>

What do you prefer? non beer drinkers need not apply.

I have primarily always drank out of cans but always get super sick and someone close to me said i need to switch to bottles because it's the cans making me sick something in the liner, anyone heard of this? anywhoo i gave it a try this weekend and didn't feel nearly as bad in the morning.
<{titihmm}>

What do you prefer? non beer drinkers need not apply.
That might have been true years ago, but these days I don't believe the lining has anything in it that would make you sick. The act of drinking out of a can vs bottle can make you swallow more foam which some people are sensitive to.

Overall if a beer is canned properly that will keep better as there is no way for oxygen or light to get in. That said, there are some styles like saison and lambic that are better with a little bit of that light struck character. Bottles also can hold more carbonation which benefits certain styles.

Prefer bottles but cans are a little easier when you're drinking in public, as I often do, so I'll usually grab those if it's an option
If I'm going to a BBQ at a friend's house or something, I'll bring bottles

I always buy cans because they take up less space in the fridge. I only buy bottles if I'm going shooting. I tend to drink bottles too fast.

I drink out of both. Prefer bottles but cans can be crushed and take up less space in the recycling bin.
You don't have bottle return service? We get 10 cents per can/bottle. That was my main reason for choosing cans much easier to take back.

That might have been true years ago, but these days I don't believe the lining has anything in it that would make you sick. The act of drinking out of a can vs bottle can make you swallow more foam which some people are sensitive to.

Overall if a beer is canned properly that will keep better as there is no way for oxygen or light to get in. That said, there are some styles like saison and lambic that are better with a little bit of that light struck character. Bottles also can hold more carbonation which benefits certain styles.
I dunno man i felt way better next day and actually drank less. I used to drink a lot of tall boys.. I was able to regulate how much i drank better maybe that was part of it.

I don’t imagine it’s the cans that are getting you sick.

you either drink too much or have an allergy or sensitivey to alcohol or something in beer. Have you tried a different kind ?

Bottle is better but cans are more convenient and safer in summer around outdoor activities.

I don't drink but when I used to only came in bottles

WHISKEY_CROWNROYAL_1.75L_1024x1024.jpg

Back