Being The Youngest Vs Oldest Sibling

Sansnom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
For those of you who have a brother/sister, which one would you have prefered . Being the youngest or the oldest?

I can see advantages/disadvantages in both.

As the youngest of the 2, growing up there were clearly some disadvantages such as getting my brother's used clothes when he outgrew them rather than getting new one.

Not being given the same amount of responsibilities and permissions etc..

But there were a couple of advantages such as getting a more lenient treatment when getting caught doing something wrong. I remember the first time my brother got caught smoking weed. He went through hell. By the time I got caught I got yelled at but by that point I guess my father was like fuck it, I can't do anything about it.

Another advantage is that you have someone you can look up to for help, guidance etc..

So which one would have you prefered, Sherbros?

I'm the youngest of three and have two older sisters. By the time it came to me, I could get away with murder. I had so much more freedom due to being the youngest and a male.

I am in the same situation as you. being the younger of the two, parents were more lenient. I was got second had stuff. for example, I would have to wait for my turn on video games and shit as a kid. but overall, I would not want to trade it with the pressures of being the first child.

I'm the middle child and the only boy and also the only total fuck up. That's why the only family I associate with are my other black sheep cousins.

I'm also the only child born in the 80s in my entire family.

i was the older one. they were semi strict with me but i never got in trouble
sister came along and they let that fat bitch do whatever she wanted. she became a drug addict

im ranked #3 in my family.

that being said you come after my little sister you best not miss

my big bro has my back when he is not on oxy and my big sis doesnt care about anything other than her own kids

I’m the oldest of 3. I see no advantage or disadvantage. My siblings and I would have still became who we became.

I'm the oldest, this is what I've seen based on being the oldest:

Pros:
-My parents spoiled the shit out of me.
-I got all the attention the first 5 years.
-I got all the new clothes and toys, my brother got some left overs.
- I got a lot of freedom as I remember wondering a lot through places we visit.

Cons:
-Parents were inexperienced, they prob made small mistakes while raising me.
-They were more strict on me.
-I lost a lot of attention when my brother was born (but that's normal)

Overall I think being the oldest was good for me.

Being an only child I kind of wish I had at least one sibling to divert attention from me.

I wouldn't know. I'm the middle child....

I first play ps2 when 12 little brother plays ps2 when 9. Government does nothing

Being an only child I kind of wish I had at least one sibling to divert attention from me.
after moving from cali to missouri my brother and older sister only contact my parents when they need money

I'm the youngest of three and have two older sisters. By the time it came to me, I could get away with murder. I had so much more freedom due to being the youngest and a male.
Same here. My sisters wore out my parents so they didn't have the energy to care about what I did. And since they were girls I didn't have to wear their hand-me-downs. I chose to.

I like being the youngest sibling because I have a bunch of awesome memories of when I beat my older siblings at things for the first time. Whereas they have the opposite. A bunch of humiliating memories where they lost to their younger sibling for the first time

Middle child only boy here. I may as well have been called Snow for my last name lol

I'm second oldest with 4 below me, I don't have to do anything except be the age I am to be as cool as shit to them and their kids etc

Back