Bellator 158 averaged 556k viewers.

Thats bad, its been a bad year for Bellator, no momentum, Kimbo was only one who could pop a big number and he's gone.

Bendo, Meathead and Josh signings did nothing to boost ratings. Ratings are going down for these shows, not a good sign.

Think this means Tito vs Ken 4/
Apparently Tito was offered that fight. Seriously.

Ouch.

I won't blame tape delay much. Most of there events are taped delay for the west coast anyways. I didn't even think about it being delayed when I watched it. I'm sure a good 350K plus of the rating didn't even know the event was tape delayed in the first place.

I'll say it again on here.......Spike/Bellator have to up the advertising budget. They have to target key UFC guys that will pull ratings and I don't care if they over pay as its the business position there in. It's fine they sign the Meathead's of the world but they aren't going to pull ratings. Those guys can help build depth and solidify/help legitimize your roster to the average fan but they aren't rating guys. Coker for the first time ever needs to captain the ship and have some order and direction in each division. As usual 80% of his match ups are nothing more then match ups to entertain or just try to make a one time ratings splash that have no real next step for either guy. The kicker being is these one offs more times than not are main events that overshadow the rest of the card or even worse the whole org..

Apparently Tito was offered that fight. Seriously.

I might honestly just never watch Bellator again if they do Tito vs Ken.

To me that is nothing more then the last ditch effort and screams that the only thing anyone at Spike cares about is instant ratings and who cares about the future. In other words they'll close shop up soon enough.

what do you guys think the reasons are for the lower ratings this summer? it seems like they lost a chunk of their viewership...do you attribute it to poor events in the past, mma oversaturation, maybe summer ratings are always bad (what's the year over year ratings from last summer?)

For me I've been watching slightly less bellator mostly because i've been out on the nights it airs but i have lost some interest when there are gaps between events, it feels like theres no momentum

At this point I feel like they are just throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks.
The kickboxing portion does even worse, but they are using Bellator guys.

Boxing gets around the same ratings on Spike, unless they put someone big like Broner.

what do you guys think the reasons are for the lower ratings this summer? it seems like they lost a chunk of their viewership...do you attribute it to poor events in the past, mma oversaturation, maybe summer ratings are always bad (what's the year over year ratings from last summer?)

For me I've been watching slightly less bellator mostly because i've been out on the nights it airs but i have lost some interest when there are gaps between events, it feels like theres no momentum

UFC 200 week followed by the Wednesday UFC night show probably didn't help its cause. At a certain point for the average fan there is "too much" MMA. Throw in UFC 200 ppv left many with a bit of a sour taste considering the hype entering the event. Throw in the previous Bellator card having the 2nd and 3rd fights being wmma and kickboxing. Throw in a RIP Kimbo. Throw in I have disagreed with what I believe is 3 of the last 4 main event results, and I think people might just be a little exhausted and a bit disappointed.

I liked 158 a lot, but I can't say that I was overly excited going into the card, and that is most likely due to oversaturation AND the fact we hadn't seen Lima in a full year. It's hard for most fighters to keep their popularity level high when they aren't active.

They haven't made one single star. Even slightly.

mvp was the first one with his clip from this weekend.

UFC 200 week followed by the Wednesday UFC night show probably didn't help its cause. At a certain point for the average fan there is "too much" MMA. Throw in UFC 200 ppv left many with a bit of a sour taste considering the hype entering the event. Throw in the previous Bellator card having the 2nd and 3rd fights being wmma and kickboxing. Throw in a RIP Kimbo. Throw in I have disagreed with what I believe is 3 of the last 4 main event results, and I think people might just be a little exhausted and a bit disappointed.

I liked 158 a lot, but I can't say that I was overly excited going into the card, and that is most likely due to oversaturation AND the fact we hadn't seen Lima in a full year. It's hard for most fighters to keep their popularity level high when they aren't active.

Yeah its likely those combination of factors but they are on a major downside with tv ratings that they should really look to reverse by changing their promotional tactics. At least they can probably say they are net positive with the improvement in gates and their sponsors.

yup the ratings were bad but probably millions of people saw that clip

I heard they had trouble selling tickets, people were getting free tickets

I'm expecting a poor rating, but i'm crossing my fingers Caldwell can get solid viewership this weekend. I think he is such a stud, and i'm hoping they can transform his skills into popularity... not holding my breath though.

I DVR'd it and fast-forwarded through a lot of it . . .

I suppose the only thing going for this one was that the main event didn't end in a 30-27 split decision for paul daley

Casual fans straight up don't care about Bellator, the Houston gongshow destroyed there image of being taken seriously

Like a few other people said I don't think Coker is really the one responsible. That Kevin Kay seems to think he knows everything about mma cause he worked with the UFC. Personally I want see Bellator sold to showtime and let Coker promote fights on there like in strikeforce. Spike is a garbage channel and Bellator will fold in next few years if they stay there.

I give them 12months at the most, they're on the way out.

A lot of the legit champions left.
Match-making that makes no sense
A lot of quality fighters were released

I just get this unorganized feeling when I look at the cards nowadays. I miss the tournaments

MVP is absolutely a star in the making, he knows how to promote, to ride the line between love and hate, and has a crazy and effective style. The crowd responded to him massively.

Watched it live on TV and enjoyed it a hell of a lot more than Lesnar and Cormier lay & pray in UFC200.

The Daley/Lima fight was good, Mitrione looked good, MVP looked good, Carmont looked good, it was all good. They just screwed the pooch with the tape delay.

Let's say what you say is true, why should I respect a guy who took a job to be a corporate puppet for cash? Just as bad if not worse than him fucking up the organization himself.

I don't think he's a puppet but he just doesn't have as much say as most promoters do. Bellator might change that up if the ratings keep sucking.

Tape delay and social media spoilers.
Didn't even bother to watch Lima-Daley because the spoilers revealed it was a decision (despite knowing the fight was good).

Back