Bellator 176 - Carvalho vs Manhoef II - Italy

EzFlyer

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
http://www.sherdog.com/events/Bellator-176-Carvalho-vs-Manhoef-2-57987

a064abdf8fdf4a9ebbdcc58bfc0f870e.png

apparently this happens before the ufc on saturday..

Really not an interesting card, but I wonder how they'll price the main event after the atrocity that was the first fight

Really not an interesting card, but I wonder how they'll price the main event after the atrocity that was the first fight

obviously gonna be a much closer line (i'm not in the habit of discussing lines pre release, but yea, this much is certain)

If the line is somewhat close, I'll go in heavy on Rafael. Melvin can win, I'm just way more confident in the Brazilian for the rematch.

I was at the first one live. It was pretty bad. Thought Carvalho won clearly but never watched it again and I know a lot of people think Manhoef won.

I like the fact that this and the Bellator kickboxing card that follows it are on live in the early afternoon, not tape delayed.

I like the fact that this and the Bellator kickboxing card that follows it are on live in the early afternoon, not tape delayed.

oh, is it?

i hadn't even checked. i assumed tape delayed as usual for their italian shows

Bet-at-home (EU) released lines:

Carvalho -167
Manhoef +118

Yankova -660
Kallionidou +370

Chan -200
Mircea +140

Would take Chan at -200. He's looked legit. His opponent has not fought tough guys and lost to Cody Mckenzie not long ago

Would take Chan at -200. He's looked legit. His opponent has not fought tough guys and lost to Cody Mckenzie not long ago

i don't think i would.. mircea is a wildman. idk, tho.

1u mircea +230.. missed +260 opener

Chan is not that good. Mircea is super wild/aggressive.. he's a dangerous guy

Idk what to do on the carvalho-manhoef fight. Haveleans on it but mulling it over.

Yankova is a total fade plant, but kallionidou showed ZERO offense in 15 mins vs kavanagh.. this prolly goes 3 rounds, tho. Maybe o2.5 -150 isn't terrible.

I like Carvalho here as a small favorite. I recall him mentioning somewhere that he had a rough camp last time out. Melvin is dangerous enough to make it risky though.

I lost 10u on the last Bellator by losing every wager I made so i am pretty gunshy. So far my only bet is to win 1u on the over for the main event.

Don't see a video anywhere yet, but Sherdog had a weigh-in photo gallery from Torino, Italy. Just a reminder about Carvalho's big height and what I presume is also a significant reach advantage:

20170407071928_A44I1782.JPG

^^jeez thas a crazy size difference.

Still not sure which way to play it. Carvalho just seems terrified of Manhoef and I don't think highly of anyone who can't finish Manhoef after surviving 10 minutes.

I was under the impression that this card and the kickboxing card that follows it was live because it started on Spike at 3 PM EDT, but according to CombatPress.com it's still a few hours tape delayed:

"The action kicks off Saturday at 11 a.m. ET. The event will air via same day tape-delay on Spike TV at 3 p.m ET."

Rafael explaining some reasons for his lackluster performance last time against Manhoef, fwiw: “It’s no excuse, but for that fight I had a very challenging training camp,” Carvalho told MMAjunkie in his native Portuguese. “I had one injury after another during that camp. I fought with my shoulder and lower back both hurt. And on fight day, I hurt my foot, so I fought per our strategy."

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/04/rafael...anhoef-rematch-will-be-different-bellator-176

Rafael explaining some reasons for his lackluster performance last time against Manhoef, fwiw: “It’s no excuse, but for that fight I had a very challenging training camp,” Carvalho told MMAjunkie in his native Portuguese. “I had one injury after another during that camp. I fought with my shoulder and lower back both hurt. And on fight day, I hurt my foot, so I fought per our strategy."

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/04/rafael...anhoef-rematch-will-be-different-bellator-176

whats your bet here then Jim? You lookin to hit Rafael? Hard to bet MM when Raf is so much bigger.

Back