Bellator 179 - MacDonald vs Daley - London

that's all assuming rory is 100%. i think that's a stretch, given the contract situation (leaving the ufc), nose issues, layoff, etc.

too rich for my blood

Hes 27 and the nose neednt be an issue when he can wrestle daley. I was huge on wb due to his nose and psychological state. I really am not worried about him here. Daleys a slugger who hasnt beaten a top fighter since 2009.

Call me crazy, but I don't think Rory has an easy time taking down Daley. I think he wins this one mainly in the standup and along the fence.

I dont buy the "nose issues" in regards to daley having a chance. Daley isnt a robbie lawler type character. If rory is having trouble with his shnoz then he will take daley down and dominate shit outta him. It may seem like im nuthugging cause i have some $ on rory, but we are talking about the guy who beat demian maia, beat the current champ tyron woodley, went to war with robbie twice for the UFC belt

Like some guys say, there are levels to this game and rory is a level above daley in my honest/amateur opinion

Last edited:
that's all assuming rory is 100%. i think that's a stretch, given the contract situation (leaving the ufc), nose issues, layoff, etc.

too rich for my blood

I'll give you nose issues maybe, but I think that only plays out in a 5 round fight. He broke it in the first against Wonderboy and Lawler. He was able to fight through it the latter and succumbed to it in the 5th in the former. I think he would mentally block it out knowing he only has to go three if it happens again.

I'll give you nose issues maybe, but I think that only plays out in a 5 round fight. He broke it in the first against Wonderboy and Lawler. He was able to fight through it the latter and succumbed to it in the 5th in the former. I think he would mentally block it out knowing he only has to go three if it happens again.

I think it was 5th against wb

Agree, think Rory has his way with Daley. He can keep him outside with his jab on the feet and should dominate him with his wrestling/top game.

Let's put in another way.
Rory will probably win...But it's surely not very wise throwing 5 or more units on -300 on this fight.

Will 5D actually release props for this event? Its about 24 hours away and nothing? I rarely bet on Bellator but is this the standard?

I went ahead and parlayed Rory with Kongo, as the -300 is a bit much for a SU bet. I'm more worried about Kongo losing honestly. I agree -300 is high, but imagine if both these guys were still in the UFC(with the same record). I'm sure Rory would've opened up even higher. It's just now there's a bit of a unknown element to it, with him being in a new promotion as well as his injuries. If we see the same ol' Rory it should be an easy win.

remember, this event is in the early afternoon tomorrow (friday).. don't expect to be able to make bets when you get home from work etc.

I really like Rory here but -300's a bit steep. Need something to parlay it with. Is Kongo a safe play? Don't know much about his opponent.
I dont buy the "nose issues" in regards to daley having a chance. Daley isnt a robbie lawler type character. If rory is having trouble with his shnoz then he will take daley down and dominate shit outta him. It may seem like im nuthugging cause i have some $ on rory, but we are talking about the guy who beat demian maia, beat the current champ tyron woodley, went to war with robbie twice for the UFC belt

Like some guys say, there are levels to this game and rory is a level above daley in my honest/amateur opinion
i love rory price here. seeing talk about his nose every where. i guess thats why im getting such a good price. it seems to be significantly less of a factor to me than for most people. for me, this nose break is being capped into the fight inaccurately
im 10u rory now!

too rich for my blood
im capping it as a 110% rory. im seeing them as positives. the layoff will help his nose which i feel is blown out of proportion anyways

Back