Bellator 218 Sanchez vs Karakhanyan II

null

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
fmRfz4y.jpg

Would have definitely taken a stab at Vassell at +190, but not at his current odds of +125. Sanchez/Karakhanyan is too wide and juiced to be playable either way at present. Interested to see the remaining odds.

Moldavsky is playable now IMO. Vassell is going to be too small and he really only excels against guys who he can take down or almost even welcome the takedown. Moldavsky can shrug them off with his Sambo background. He was staying active in Sambo outside of Bellator. I think I favor him around -200 or so.

Moldavsky is playable now IMO. Vassell is going to be too small and he really only excels against guys who he can take down or almost even welcome the takedown. Moldavsky can shrug them off with his Sambo background. He was staying active in Sambo outside of Bellator. I think I favor him around -200 or so.
Vassell is definitely not too small for Moldavsky or heavyweight in general. He was significantly taller than the Russian, more muscular and heavier at 246 pounds vs Moldavsky's 232.

Vassell is definitely not too small for Moldavsky or heavyweight in general. He was significantly taller than the Russian, more muscular and heavier at 246 pounds vs Moldavsky's 232.

Did he really cut that much weight for 205? It never seemed like he was a guy that had trouble getting there and needed to move up to HW.

Anyone want to try and convince me into a small Moldavsky bet? I've never watched the damn guy fight but can't imagine Vassell suddenly becoming some serious player at heavy...

Anyone want to try and convince me into a small Moldavsky bet? I've never watched the damn guy fight but can't imagine Vassell suddenly becoming some serious player at heavy...

Yeah, can you so I get a better price on Vassell. Another Master of Sambo that don’t do takedowns.

I think Vassell is a more skilled guy than Moldavsky overall and would do better against a common set of opponents.

However, Moldavsky is simply a bad match-up for him, and him weighing in at 246 is a definite mistake. Vassell has (for his level) poor striking while being a good grappler. Moldavsky has okay striking, and while not much of an offensive grappler, is hard to take down or keep down. Is Vassell's level so much better that he will do so, anyways? Maybe. We haven't seen enough of Moldavsky against good competition to tell either way.

If Vassell can't, he is in big trouble.

I don't like the current small minus odds on either guy right now, and as noted above, I wasn't even happy with Vassell at +125.

Yeah, can you so I get a better price on Vassell. Another Master of Sambo that don’t do takedowns.

TDD is the name of the game against Vassell. Like PBPV said above, stylistically, this is what gives Vassell problems. He wants to get you to the ground and be on top. When he can't, it does not work out well for him.

TDD is the name of the game against Vassell. Like PBPV said above, stylistically, this is what gives Vassell problems. He wants to get you to the ground and be on top. When he can't, it does not work out well for him.

Moldavsky does give up the take down eventually or settles for being pinned against the fence, which lost him the fight against Aliakbari. Can’t look past the poor level of competition neither, he went 2 rounds doing nothing with 1-0 Ernest James. Would rather a + price on Vassell though.

Moldavsky does give up the take down eventually or settles for being pinned against the fence, which lost him the fight against Aliakbari. Can’t look past the poor level of competition neither, he went 2 rounds doing nothing with 1-0 Ernest James. Would rather a + price on Vassell though.
That was true against Aliakbari, but the difference between Linton Vassell and a would be 2 time world champ, juiced up wrestler is pretty big.

Ernest James also stuck him against the cage. Maybe he’s a Greco Roman champion as well.

Ernest James also stuck him against the cage. Maybe he’s a Greco Roman champion as well.
No, but James has a pretty good wrestling background in his own right, and is used to throwing around his weight in a competition setting.

If you want to put a bet on Vassell, go for it. However, what you wrote above is flat-out factually wrong or biased;

1. Moldavsky knocked out James at the end of round 2 while beating him up for the whole fight. That's not "2 rounds doing nothing".

2. At absolutely no point in the fight (I checked it again just now) did Ernest James "stuck him against the cage". There were a couple times James clinched in the center of the cage, far from the fence, and Moldavsky easily broke free or turned him around.

3. How does Moldavsky losing a split decision 2 years ago to a 2-time Greco-Roman world champion, who is bigger and a much better wrestler than Vassell, give you abundant confidence in Vassell out-wrestling an older, stronger, better version of Moldavsky now?

I see why you always end up in barneys on here. Good luck betting Moldavsky.

I see why you always end up in barneys on here. Good luck betting Moldavsky.

"Barneys"? I've quadrupled my bankroll from when I started in the middle of October to the middle of February, goof. How have you done?

Also, maybe Vassell is the correct play, but certainly not based on the falsehoods and misrepresentations you stated above.

Back